AUS-CITY
Posted By: rainbowchaser Dehumanisation of the "DoCS Species" - Sat 01 Nov 2008 07:37:PM
dehumanize or -ise
Verb
[-izing, -ized] or -ising, -ised

1. to deprive of the qualities thought of as being best in human beings, such as kindness
2. to make (an activity) mechanical or routine
dehumanization
-isation n

Is it just me, or is it obvious that DoCS workers seem to become less and less human and more and more robotic?

It seems to me that with more and more "training" that DoCS workers undergo they become further distanced from genuine human emotion/understanding/compassion etc and move ever closer to being members of some kind of bizarre race void of anything that even partially resembles humanity.

Continuous rounds of training only leads to further brainwashing and dehumanisation.

It's dreadfully obvious that too many DoCS workers lack life experience and a lot of them lack parenting experience as well. And certainly these factors are indeed a disadvantage to anyone who aspires to be a genuine CSO.

My barrister commented to me a few weeks ago that SHE would like to see more CSOs with both parental and life experience.

Being a parent alone changes one's perception on the whole child rearing experience... Particularly compared to the same person's thoughts and beliefs BEFORE the birth of their first child.

And moving away from child rearing... Being a grandparent or great-grandparent - changes one's perception yet again.

These "life evolutions" in the DoCS office only lead to unrealistic beliefs and expectations thrust upon the subject "abusive/neglecting parent".

Posted By: LovingMyKids Re: Dehumanisation of the "DoCS Species" - Sun 02 Nov 2008 04:42:PM
What is sadder is the one that approves the decisions of the CSO's who haven't got life and parental experience, these team leaders and managers do have these experiences, so it comes down to them just not having a heart or being able to empathise with another struggling parent for whatever reason that parent/s may be struggling!

Even doctors have a heart and for their profession you can understand why they have to make the calls they do, but they still do it with empathy...

Posted By: rainbowchaser Re: Dehumanisation of the "DoCS Species" - Sun 02 Nov 2008 05:01:PM
That is exactly my point... Team Leaders and above also undergo regular training throughout the business year and are therefore further brainwashed.
© AUS-CITY Message Forums