AUS-CITY
Posted By: blue_chris Help with Austar please - Tue 21 Jun 2005 05:52:PM
Hi there,<br />I have a UEC box hooked up to a 90cm dish in the back rumpus room so I can enjoy Aurora as I live in a "black spot area".<br />I was considering running a splitter from the lounge room so when the MRs isn;t watching Austar in the lounge I could watch it out the back.<br />But, the question I am asking is can I just take the Austar card out of its box and put it into mine as they both run off of C1? And if this is OK, what freq changes would I need to do?<br />Many thanks in advance.<br />Chris
Posted By: fsking Re: Help with Austar please - Tue 21 Jun 2005 06:40:PM
Card will work on both box and you just need to use the exact settings as the master box...
Posted By: Boring Re: Help with Austar please - Tue 21 Jun 2005 06:44:PM
Yes , your Austar card will work in your UEC Aurora box. You would need to change the settings though , currently they would be :<br /><br />12407<br />30000<br />Vertical<br />2/3<br /><br />For Austar you would need :<br /><br />12478<br />27800<br />Horizontal<br />3/4<br /><br /><br />Therer is one major problem however , that Austar and Aurora basically run on different polarities , ie Horizontal for Austar and Vertical for Aurora. You cannot watch both at once with a splitter from the one dish with a single LNB.<br /><br />Your options are a dual output LNB , or a second dish. Dual output LNB would be the cheapest and easiest for you.
Posted By: fsking Re: Help with Austar please - Tue 21 Jun 2005 06:56:PM
I tought it was for Austar same as the other box but just realised that its for Aurora...Boring is 100% right with the polarity of both transponders as well as their frequencies..I think the best solution is Dual output LNB so one out to Aurora and the other to Austar, so no need any splitter...<br /> <br /> <small>[ 21. June 2005, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: fsking ]</small>
Posted By: blue_chris Re: Help with Austar please - Wed 22 Jun 2005 07:46:AM
Thank you all very much for your help.<br /><br />Chris
Posted By: Jedi Knight Re: Help with Austar please - Wed 22 Jun 2005 12:46:AM
Do what a lot do run another cable and buy a duel lnbf for around $60 this way each box can do its own thing and run independent.
© AUS-CITY Message Forums