AUS-CITY
Posted By: balkancic MKTV on Eutelsat W5 ?? Why so many satellites? - Sun 21 Jan 2007 11:28:PM
I noticed that MKTV has been added to another couple of satellites. FTA, I was wodnering why would you put the channel on multiple satellites in the same region?

Anyone have any idea? Could it mean another pay tv provider might be working on bringing the channel to AUS?

FTA on :
Eutelsat W5
Eutelsat Sesat
Hot Bird 8
Posted By: LAZER Re: MKTV on Eutelsat W5 ?? Why so many satellites? - Sun 21 Jan 2007 11:49:PM
Its been like that for over a year atleast no idea why maybe distribution purposes or backup purposes

There is alot of channels that use muliple satellites in the same region for reasons unknown to us....
Posted By: Liski Re: MKTV on Eutelsat W5 ?? Why so many satellites? - Mon 22 Jan 2007 01:06:AM
MKTV is exclusive to TARBSMAK worldwide and broadcasted from the TARBSMAK Teleport. You won't be seeing it on any other provider in Australia apart from UBI.
Posted By: balkancic Re: MKTV on Eutelsat W5 ?? Why so many satellites? - Mon 29 Jan 2007 04:29:AM
Add Atlantic Bird 1 to the list guys...... something is going.. Maybe they are usign them to play the Jumptv feed.

Which by the way is going super fine, oldies are happy.. at $25/3months cant go wrong.

latest satellite distribution of MKTV:

Eutelsat W5 DVB
Eutelsat Sesat DVB
Hot Bird 8 DVB
Atlantic Bird 1
Posted By: balkancic Re: MKTV on Eutelsat W5 ?? Why so many satellites? - Wed 31 Jan 2007 11:17:PM
Looks like theya re just movign the europe feed. They have an add on MTV about the move to hot bird.
Posted By: Makedon Re: MKTV on Eutelsat W5 ?? Why so many satellites? - Fri 02 Feb 2007 02:56:AM
Originally Posted by balkancic
Which by the way is going super fine, oldies are happy.. at $25/3months cant go wrong.

I'm watching TV Orbis, not bad for $25/3mths :o)
Posted By: asen Re: MKTV on Eutelsat W5 ?? Why so many satellites? - Sun 04 Feb 2007 04:17:PM
Mktv Sat and Makedonsko Radio use W5 as a European contribution feed.It is good that the satellite footprint covers some parts of Asia, Africa and Middle East and expands the FTA KU band coverage (http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/ew5_wide.html).
They are on Atlantic Bird 1 only temporary, for Eutelsat testing purposes.

Posted By: asen Re: MKTV on Eutelsat W5 ?? Why so many satellites? - Sun 08 Apr 2007 02:37:PM
Latest information about the satellite distribution of MKTV Sat and Makedonsko Radio:

Atlantic Bird 1 - Ceased transmission
Eutelsat W5 DVB - Ceased transmission
Eutelsat Sesat DVB - Ceased transmission
Hot Bird 8 DVB FTA - Changed transponder (from Tp 11 to Tp 14)

Posted By: mehamgul101 Re: MKTV on Eutelsat W5 ?? Why so many satellites? - Thu 18 Aug 2011 07:15:AM
well i am also surprise on MKTV that why are they doing this in same region but someone of special of MKTV has told me by linking other channel it is now necessary for them
© AUS-CITY Message Forums