[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dawn Re: 1930 Ads - Thu 12 Jun 2008 01:37:AM
Ah Geeze! I'm halfway between laughing and stunned speechless. It's remarkable how different things in the past got advertised as something wonderful for your life. It's a wonder any of the generations survived.

I can't get over the frightening thought of that Lysol ad... shocking That's just beyond my comprehension!!!

Bless our fore-Mothers and fore-Fathers hearts, what an innocent bunch of folks they were... the word blissful comes to mind.

Thanks for sharing these. They made me smile and made me think and made me thank my lucky stars that we hopefully are past those days of blissful ignorance...
angel
Posted By: Alisa Re: 1930 Ads - Sun 15 Jun 2008 08:24:PM
chuckle It IS kinda funny and stunning. yes

I can just imagine swallowing some sanitized thumbup tape worms so I can eat lots of tasty lard ahha without getting too fat, and then have a good ole, searing freshen-up with lysol scared, and then some long drags on a Winston for good health and extra fresh breath! eyebrows

Ahhhh, the good old days. happyrun Wonder how our views will change 50+ years from now. eyebrow
Posted By: dawn Re: 1930 Ads - Tue 17 Jun 2008 09:58:AM
I think, The future generations will be shocked about some things and look at us as naive as we do when we look back at the earlier generations. We are constantly searching, researching and flatout leaping into desperate measures for quick cures or instant everythings.

They'll laugh their butts off... and be stunned too... and probably be horrified at some of our deliberate stupidity. whistling

I think! teehee
It's still so amusing and hilarious at what folks tried to use to improve their lives way-back-then!
hysterical
Posted By: Alisa Re: 1930 Ads - Wed 18 Jun 2008 04:31:PM
Just a couple more...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
© AUS-CITY Message Forums