AUS-CITY
Posted By: 74HJ Legalities of Bug Catchers? - Sun 22 Mar 2009 07:53:PM
Hi Guys,

I am contemplating getting a second bonnet painted for my HJ Coupe so I can run a Mr Gasket Street Scoop.

Will poke through 3 inches tops.

What are the legalities of such a move as one Guideline for Modifications tells me NOTHING connected to the motor is allowed to protrude and another tells me that it can protrude but no more than 8cm or so????

This car will not be a daily driver, the odd sunny week-end cruise and Club runs.

Is it permissable if the car is on club rego and what ramifications or restrictions will I have if I go down that path????

And finally I am planning on attending the next Summernats. As I will be travelling through two other states do I have too comply with their regulations regarding modifications or just the state the car is registered in?

I await with bated breath your learned responses!

Cheers,
Allan
Posted By: Shock76 Re: Legalities of Bug Catchers? - Mon 23 Mar 2009 10:40:PM
Suggest you contact Qld Transport for specific advice on your enquiry, including in relation to regulations applicable when travelling within other States outside of Qld. You will then have a record of advice, that you can call on if needed later to defend to Authorities what you have done.

© AUS-CITY Message Forums