AUS-CITY
Posted By: purplecv8 Would you buy this car without ID tags - Sun 27 Dec 2009 09:32:PM
HK for sale on E-bay at the moment lists a heap of parts to go with the vehicle, then at the bottom of the add states the the vehicle comes without ID tags, but can get a set of tags at extra cost from a bloke he knows.How would you know it,s not a stolen shell?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Holden-HK-GT...ViewItemQQptZAU_Cars?hash=item414bae1116
Posted By: 072 Re: Would you buy this car without ID tags - Mon 25 Jan 2010 11:28:AM
Hypothetically speaking it is ILLEGAL to remove identification from a motor vehicle without permission. It therefore could be illegal to possess the id tags as they had to come from somewhere.Which could make the finished car subject of a fraud if it ever sold as the car did not come out of the factory with that id on it.

I scratch my head every time I see a body shell on ebay with no tags because the only reason you wouuld want the tags is to rebirth another vehicle.
Posted By: 00pix Re: Would you buy this car without ID tags - Thu 01 Apr 2010 12:30:AM
Don't buy this car. I think the only reason to remove the ID tags is to paint and even then you would still have the tags that go with the car. This sort of thing should be looked into by the police because someone poor bloke may have lost there baby.
© AUS-CITY Message Forums