AUS-CITY
Posted By: Alexander M Zoltai ZOE - Sun 19 Jan 2003 10:58:PM
I was listening to the 107 crew and MC talking yesterday and MC mentioned "2 mins to ZOE". I know what ZOE is and I was also using STS Plus so I watched the shuttle cross into the ZOE right on time.<br /> Then, today, I was listening and watching and they crossed right into it, MC didn't say a thing, and everyone just kept talking.<br /> ???
Posted By: VA3DBJ Re: ZOE - Mon 20 Jan 2003 11:05:AM
They have a TDRS satellite, I believe it is TDRS-3, that covers the ZOE to help track a few unmanned satellites and the data attained goes through the Guam TDRS station. From time to time, there are a few orbits were TDRS-3 does have some time open to receive data and comms from the shuttle.<br /><br />TDRS-3 or TDRS-ZOE as it sometimes called, main job are the few research satellites that are doing polar research. But from time to time, the time sharing will allow other spacecraft to downlink data to the Guam station, including the shuttle and ISS. It all depends again on what activities are occuring at the time. If there is an EVA, they will use TDRS-ZOE as much as possible.
Posted By: Alexander M Zoltai Re: ZOE - Mon 20 Jan 2003 11:24:AM
Wow.<br />I was heading toward a conclusion something like that but, again, you've smoothly and elegantly resolved the issue.<br />Thanks!
© AUS-CITY Message Forums