AUS-CITY
Posted By: Alisa The Boy With Divine Powers - Fri 29 Dec 2006 01:11:AM

Recently, I've found myself thinking again about the power of belief, and the concept of sustaining life without intake of food or water. This idea was sparked for me from the documentary The Boy With Divine Powers (below is the summary from my personal video recommendations page).

[Linked Image]

Ram, a young practicing Buddist monk, born May 9, 1989, in Nepal, began meditating in the crook of a tree (as pictured) on May 16, 2005. He told his family that he intended to meditate (non-stop) for 6 years, and would be taking no food or water.

He had been meditation for 10 months by the time this documentary began filming. Nutritional experts' comments were given stating that according to medical science the longest a person should be able to live without food is 2.5 months, and without water 4 to 5 days. Midway through the documentary a physician from India contacted the film crew with information his team had gather from studies of other mystic/meditators who had been filmed and studied 24/hours for 10 days taking no food or water. To them this was not a new phenomenon.

The crew of this documentary filmed Ram continuously for 4 days with no indication of him leaving his spot, nor drinking or eating. However, Ram "disappeared" on March 11, 2006. The prevailing belief is that he went further into the jungle to continue his meditation in peace.

Here is the BBC story on the mystic/fakir who was studied in a proper hospital, laboratory environment as he consumed no food or water for 10 days.
Posted By: dawn Re: The Boy With Divine Powers - Sat 30 Dec 2006 02:12:AM

He came back for a visit a few days ago.
Hope this link works.
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/12/26/061226173004.0r2mbfbp.html

thinking

Posted By: CHRISS Re: The Boy With Divine Powers - Sat 30 Dec 2006 09:32:AM

Here is another link to a site to peruse the topic of living without eating and drinking.

http://breatharian.info/index.html
Posted By: Alisa Re: The Boy With Divine Powers - Sun 31 Dec 2006 07:04:AM
Thanks to both of you for the links! clap I had a look at the breatharian document which was so interesting. coolpeace And I found it quite synchronistic that Buddha Boy showed up around the same time that I suddenly found his story on my mind again eyebrow. I didn't even think to search if there was any recent news on him, so thanks for that Dawn. thumbup

Sharing my thoughts really pays off. flower
Posted By: Alisa Re: The Boy With Divine Powers - Thu 26 May 2011 03:01:AM
The same man (82 years old), from "The Boy With Divine Powers" documentary, who has not eat or drunk in 70 years.

© AUS-CITY Message Forums