AUS-CITY
Posted By: julianne Computer Keyboard Question - Fri 21 Oct 2011 04:25:AM
I looked over the aus-city forums and don't know where would be appropriate place for my question. So please feel free to delete or move this to the best forum for it. I don't mind...

This morning my keyboard on my laptop stopped working. I couldn't get it back working until I restarted my laptop.

It got me to wondering: as there is away to run a pc with the keyboard keys/tabs without a mouse, is there away to run a pc or laptop without a physical keyboard? Is there a virtual keyboard or something that I could use if my keyboard on my laptop goes out again? until I can get it fixed or buy a new one?

I hope this makes sense. I'm not sure I presented my question right. So, please ask questions and I'll try to answer them and maybe find out info for future issues if they arise.

I'm running a Microsoft safety scan on my laptop right now. Hopefully it'll pick up and take care of any viruses or spyware my laptop may have.

Thanks,
Juls
reading
Posted By: Webmaster Re: Computer Keyboard Question - Wed 15 Feb 2012 06:55:AM
Sorry I mised this one. During my last trip to the US and organizing the sale and move.

Any windows computer will become unstable left running for long periods. Your best setting a scheduled task to restart it weekly.

You also can set it to auto log in and restart your program(s).

Unix and Linux handles memory completely effectively. Windows it fragments becomes eventually unusable, locks up or crashes.

Some Linux machines have up times of years!

Hope this helps you?
© AUS-CITY Message Forums