NATO Secretary General announces dates for 2016 Warsaw Summit

I am happy to announce that the next NATO Summit will take place on 8-9 July, 2016 in Warsaw, Poland.

This Summit comes at a crucial time for the Alliance, as the tectonic plates of Euro-Atlantic security have shifted both in the East and the South. We are already implementing the biggest reinforcement of our collective defence since the end of the Cold War. In Warsaw, we will chart the course for the Alliance’s adaptation to the new security environment, so that NATO remains ready to defend all Allies against any threat from any direction.

We will build on our valuable work with partner nations and organisations to keep our neighbourhood stable. We will stress our long-term commitment to Afghanistan through the Enduring Partnership. And we will further strengthen the bond between Europe and North America on which our Alliance is founded.

Poland has been a staunch Ally since it joined in 1999, as part of the historic enlargement that helped heal the division across Europe. Poland is committed to strong defence and makes a vital contribution to Allied solidarity. I warmly welcome Poland’s offer to host our meeting and I look forward to a very successful Summit in July 2016.

David Cottle

UBB Owner & Administrator