AUS-CITY Message Forums

AUS-CITY Group Forums

Come explore with us!

Please also visit: IDB.COM.AU - IDB.INFO - IDB.ASIA - IDB.AU
Race Control News and Results Feed
YouTube David 'The Captain' - YouTube Wesley 'Iceman' - YouTube Alisa 'Black Mamba'
Twitch.tv David 'The Captain' - Twitch.tv Wesley 'Iceman' - Twitch.tv Alisa 'Black Mamba'
Odysee - 'F1 - The Captain' - Oydsee - 'FiA - Iceman' - Odysee - 'KingScaron'
Join our discord server - 'Formula Racing Club'
Join our discord server - 'F1 Formula Racing Club'
Join our telegram server - 'Track Limits'

Search AUS-CITY
Search Worldwide
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 423 guests, and 34 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
KSC PAD 39A
PAD 39A
KSC PAD 39B
PAD 39B
TLE DATA

IDB.COM.AU

For all your TLE downloads.

March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
AUS-CITY Recent Posts
32 Of The Best Movies About The Cold War
by Webmaster - Thu 28 Mar 2024 12:35:AM
AUS-CITY Latest Photos
Art By MA
Art By MA
by Alisa, July 27
"5greenheart" by MA
"5greenheart" by MA
by Alisa, July 27
"3moons" by MA
"3moons" by MA
by Alisa, July 27
Art By MA
Art By MA
by Alisa, July 27
Art By MA
Art By MA
by Alisa, July 27
Popular Topics(Views)
AUS-CITY Earthquake Map
World Earthquake Map
AUS-CITY Advertisements
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Originally Posted by GreenBlood
Originally Posted by gibgib
I have a backup of the wiki from March this year which I found last night. Anything after this is gone sorry.

Hey gib,
Is there any way we can capture from Wayback Machine, I know we've lost images linked to AF but the text is all there for many of our valuable threads (strangely thumbnail images have been captured) e.g.
http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20060326211107/http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31957&page=2

Cheers
Chris

TO make sense the original poster could copy & paste the info across to a new thread on the old/ new AF. That's handy though, didn't know that.

AUS-CITY Advertisements

UBB Central
Interactive forums from Space, Science and Technology To General Interest, Personal and Spirituality.
AtomicSecured Linux
CMS The Best Conveyancing solicitors conveyancing quotes throughout the UK
For any webhosting enquiries please email webmaster@aus-city.com
T
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
T
Originally Posted by GreenBlood
I have a backup of the wiki from March this year which I found last night. Anything after this is gone sorry.

Hey gib,
Is there any way we can capture from Wayback Machine, I know we've lost images linked to AF but the text is all there for many of our valuable threads (strangely thumbnail images have been captured) e.g.
http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20060326211107/http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31957&page=2

Cheers
Chris

TO make sense the original poster could copy & paste the info across to a new thread on the old/ new AF. That's handy though, didn't know that.

Is there a way to get the Wayback Machine, or Google, admins help out? (As per my earlier suggestion)

Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Originally Posted by sunshine77

Couldn't resist this hat smilie....reminds me of someone.... cheerful chaplin

I take it you mean moi? At the weekends maybe, normally I'm... boss Complete with cheroot!

clink

Mike.

M
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
M
Holy crap! How can a company that provides professional hosting services be so incompetent as to have a backup system that isn't? So much has been lost! Unbelievable!

I hope the old stuff can be retrieved!

Mike in Canada

Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Finally found you all ...seems an impersonator got here first though wink BUSTED! :P

anyway, Thank you for the temporary web hosting...I hope we don't overburden the servers here too much.

As for recovering threads...I have a sneaking suspicion (although I'm praying it's not so) that dad might have saved half of the global warming threads cry
there are some threads that should just be able to RIP wink tongue

Dad's without a computer at the moment...I didn't have the heart to tell him anything more than aussiefrogs is down at the moment frown Hopefully a partial restoration will be possible before I have to break the whole story to him gently wink

Aus

G
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
G
Hi found this and hope something is recovered.

Graelin

D
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
D
Originally Posted by Australdi_real
Finally found you all ...seems an impersonator got here first though wink BUSTED! :P

Obviously, someone wants to 'be' you. I wonder if anyone wants to impersonate an architect though???

Some parts of the forum can certainly be found via the caches of Google, Bing and others. I found and saved page 1 of the 2007 Longstroke DS/ID census, but embedded images are lost and it doesn't give the thread and post number. It does however, give the date and time of the post, so it may be possible to build a database of posts from that information.

Another possibility is to work offline in your browser and go through your AF history to display what's in the cache and then save anything important / useful as a complete webpage with images. Try it soon, before the browser clears it's cache.

Thanks to Aus-City for helping.

Edit: If you view the source of the cached Google page, you can obtain the thread number and post number, but it doesn't display on the page. It would be possible to write code to 'read' the source file of the cached page and extract enough information to re-populate a post and thread database.

Last edited by David_S; Sat 23 Oct 2010 05:20:PM.
P
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
P
Originally Posted by David_S
Originally Posted by Australdi_real

Obviously, someone wants to 'be' you. I wonder if anyone wants to impersonate an architect though???

Some parts of the forum can certainly be found via the caches of Google, Bing and others. I found and saved page 1 of the 2007 Longstroke DS/ID census, but embedded images are lost and it doesn't give the thread and post number. It does however, give the date and time of the post, so it may be possible to build a database of posts from that information.

Another possibility is to work offline in your browser and go through your AF history to display what's in the cache and then save anything important / useful as a complete webpage with images. Try it soon, before the browser clears it's cache.

Thanks to Aus-City for helping.

not a bad idea

will have to try that and see what i can find

M
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
M
Just wondering (curious) how big the overall AF site was MB/GB wise before the crash. I have a company website where I upload & update the pages from files on my computer using FileZilla. But no forum, no traffic like AF.

J
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
J
Just got home from holiday to find this.................

Aaargh.

If there is anything I can do, I'd be pleased to help, but I haven't saved much from the Forum at all. Probably have the odd Alan Smith instruction and definitely the instruction on changing Xantia Clutch Cable clips without removing the dashboard.

As someone else said, if $$$$ are needed I'd be pleased to chip in.

Talking to my IT-savvy daughter, she was completely disbelieving that a backup could go so easily.

Best of luck to all those beavering away.

Now to dig out the battery charger and get the cars going.

D
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
D
Glad, like everybody else, that I have found this tempoary (hopefully) home of AF. Again like everybody, I hope that back-ups, if not all, but most, can be found and our old site and look can be restored.
Cheers,
Dave Rogers (Melbourne)

C
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
C
Come on guys, i need my daily dosis of frenchness... Bring back AF!!!

Cheers,

Roberto

R
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
R
Hello again in the new place....
Does anyone know when the forum will be available [ excepting the 24 hours from go-daddy declaration ? ], no matter where it will be hosted ?

R
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
R
Hello folks.

I thought it was time to join and show my support to the Aussiefrogs folk and the AUS-CITY folk giraffe2 ...

and blow a raspberry at the charlatans cavitysearch .

Roger

PS Some of us have let our hair down in this forum by choosing new usernames. I have used a different method! This place has such bizarre smilies, I can't resist them. Thanks Alisa.

Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Originally Posted by radames
Hello again in the new place....
Does anyone know when the forum will be available [ excepting the 24 hours from go-daddy declaration ? ], no matter where it will be hosted ?

We are all hoping some time tomorrow the old AF site should be back. Gibgib has promised to publish the IP, so the impatient ones in our ranks (me for one), can log on whilst the the changes are rippling through to the DNS'.

At present indications the restored site will be minus a few years posts, plus download centre and some of the other features.

At least we are still on the air and the regulars are still here.

None of us should forget the generosity of David and Alisa for welcoming AF members and the excellent work in getting us back on the air with a temporary host in around 24 hours.

Last edited by robmac; Tue 26 Oct 2010 07:03:PM.
D
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
D
Originally Posted by Roger_Wilkinson
Hello folks.

I thought it was time to join and show my support to the Aussiefrogs folk and the AUS-CITY folk giraffe2 ...

and blow a raspberry at the charlatans cavitysearch .

Roger

PS Some of us have let our hair down in this forum by choosing new usernames. I have used a different method! This place has such bizarre smilies, I can't resist them. Thanks Alisa.

Amazing ... you guys have managed to get Roger to use a smiley ... that must be a first shocked2 overact hyenas laughing2

seeya,
Shane L.

V
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
V
A couple of us have been actively crawling the cache with various scripts, I'm not sure how much this will help, but I'm sure if things aren't recovered we can create something meaningful from it.

I've been running my script for a few days now, and there is still a LOOONG way to go. We're scouring yahoo, ms-live, google and wayback cache. I'd imagine most of the images and attachments cannot be retrieved.

I guess foremost is having a working site, we can discuss the recovery in more detail, but rest assured many froggers are doing whatever they can in their own way.

Gluck to the admins, and all involved.. God speed!

David.

B
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
B
Thanks heaps to all those who are sorting it out for us.

I'm enjoying my time here on aus city, but I'm also looking forward to going home. bond

Cheers,
Michael

http://nodaddy.com/
Why you shouldn't trust GoDaddy with Your Domain Names!
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
So why is your smily shooting at us , Boyracer? crazy2

Last edited by NewHarrissonCitr; Wed 27 Oct 2010 12:09:AM.
B
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
B
Vive Ze Frogs!

Best wishes to the recovery team and many thanks to the operators of this site.

B
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
B
I must be living under a rock of late!

Went to check on Aussiefrogs and I thought my computer was hijacked!

Much thanks must go to Aus-City for giving us a place for us french car tragics.

All the best to Gerry and team in restoring Aussiefrogs and making it bigger and stronger!

Billy

G
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
G
I have had some luck searching the Google cache with
gerry freed panhard

but I am so bogged down with my own forum maintenance that I haven't had time to download and store it.

N
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
N
I can't believe AF is offline! I'm not a very regular visitor but it feels like there's something missing.

Great though that aus-city is helping out.

If I can help out I'll be glad to offer server space, it could be used to rebuild whatever can be recovered. Contact me if you want to take me up on it.

Taco

Space Trainee
Space Trainee
It took me a few days to understand what happened.
At the beginning I thought it was an error but today I noticed "ANNOUNCEMENT - AUSSIEFROGS.COM and backups have been deleted by a godaddy error..."

I really feel something is missing.
A big thank you to our hosts and good luck getting AF back on.
It's true that you don't know what you've got untill you lose it

Doush_504 #51026 Fri 29 Oct 2010 10:24:PM
S
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
S
I heard the GoDaddy AF servers were seen on a truck being driven by "Harry" on his way towards the nearest sea port.

wink

Last edited by Schlemiel; Fri 29 Oct 2010 10:25:PM. Reason: No scripting for Arabic!
Webmaster #51045 Sat 30 Oct 2010 01:25:AM
R
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
R
It'd be an ill wind if it blew no good at all...

R
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
R
Well I'm heading back to the 2006 time warp and my self-imposed abstinence from use of smilies. So here goes with a last couple.

tree treehug l_sabre yoda

Thank you to the AUS-CITY people. I might still drop in here occasionally and explore a bit.

Well maybe a few more.

cowabduction cavitysearch grouphug2 earthhug

Roger

Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Originally Posted by Roger_Wilkinson
Well I'm heading back to my self-imposed abstinence from use of smilies.

Well maybe a few more.

cowabduction cavitysearch grouphug2 earthhug

Roger

But Roger, you know you want to..... happyrun yay5 star parrot parrotmonkey pillowfight

Kaye
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  VA3DBJ, Webmaster 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Rtuneion, JohnReid, nguyenthanhthuon, Rug_Rig_Fitness, Shelly
2,957 Registered Users
Pictures

NASA Picture of the Day

Astronomy Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day

Picture of the Week

Latest SOHO Solar Image
The latest solar image from the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO)

NOAA / Space Weather Prediction Center

Live Web Cam's
Live Sydney Harbour Bridge Looking South

Live Sydney Warringah Freeway

Live Sydney M2 Motorway Lane Cove

Live Sydney Anzac Bridge

Live Hilo Bay Hawaii

Live Australian Antarctica Casey Division

Live Australian Antarctica Mawson Division

Live Mount Fuji - Japan

Ny-Alesund - Antarctica

AUS-CITY Live Weather
IDB Weather IDB Weather
IDB Weather IDB Weather
IDB Weather IDB Weather
Top Posters(30 Days)
Webmaster 3,264
Alisa 383
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics680,728
Posts715,336
Members2,957
Most Online3,142
Jan 16th, 2023
Top Posters
Webmaster 381,903
Alisa 64,175
Jedi Knight 4,142
reuder 557
apsattv 517
ShaRp 408
Big Chief 377
Flux 208
HQSS 138
Copyright 1996 - 2023 by David Cottle. Designed by David Bate Jr. All Rights Reserved.
By using this forum, the user agrees not to transfer any data or technical information received under the agreement, to any other entity without the express approval of the AUS-CITY Forum Admins and/or authors of individual posts (Forum Admins and DoD/USSPACECOM for the analysis of satellite tracking data).

Two-line elements (TLE) and all other satellite data presented and distributed via this forum and e-mail lists of AUS-CITY are distributed with permission from DoD/USSTRATCOM.

UBB Central

Interactive forums from Space, Science and Technology To General Interest, Personal and Spirituality.

AtomicSecured Linux

Reprise Hosting