Well it is true with docs, they will twist it all around to suit themselves.

I say 'sod docs' (how's that for not swearing? Do I get the gold star?) and just do what you believe is the right thing for you and your family.
And it is a hard time to make any clear decisions as docs will play with your head - it is a very stressful time to make any changes in one's life.

I currently work full time, have been sucked dry by my place of employment (also known as burn out) so I moved temporarily to another department which is amazing and I am very thankful for being there. But I am seriously looking at quitting, cutting back to casual.

It must be recognised that juggling work and family life as a sole parent is sooooo tiring, with soooo little supports, and is likened to feeling like you have no more to give. Your life just goes. And what for? To pay off the mortgage as in my case? To have a great career/ glossy CV?
Sometimes it is time to pull back, smell the roses and enjoy the moment instead of time slotting everything in your life - e.g. got to be out the door by 7.30am, gotta get Johnny to before school care by 7.40, gotta walk in the door by 07.55am and on it goes.

God, life wasn't meant to be like this.

I recognise and pay homage to all the sole parents out there. Good on you. I don't know you but I understand the daily challenge facing you.
because the government doesn't!

Last edited by thisisgood; Wed 10 Dec 2008 12:20:AM.