Originally Posted by Scotty
Yes, the Mahindras used the XD series engines, but when was the last time you saw one here in Australia?

If you're looking for XD3T engines, look no further than the UK. Just this year there was heaps of them in wrecker's yards in LDV Convoy vans and to a lesser extent the old DAF 400s. But they do have a slightly different exhaust manifold to the ones we're used to.

On another note, in my desperation for something to read since AF went down, I was perusing a go-kart forum, only to find someone who's name was Hayden, handle was Sideways and was from Perth. Sounded familiar. What do you know about hotted-up Victa lawnmower engines?

I've seen a few of them around actually, seen a few Tata utes too. Not for a while though. in the Tata utes the front springs would sag after a few years so they ended up with serious negative camber(swing axle front suspension) and people would scrap them then, there used to be a fair few around here, if only I knew what they were back then. Low KM good Peugeot diesel engines with a RWD gearbox being scrapped. no I should of got one just to use a paddock basher, the scrap metal man never gave anyone anything for them, oh well, I was too young back then... (God I go off topic easily, sorry)

And yes, I had assumed that there would be tons of these engines in commercial vehicles in Europe, if only I had the money!

That would of been me on the go kart forum. I know a fair bit about modifying Victas and basically all other small engines. I'm building a few go karts and a buggy that will have Victas. One of my projects is a 1979 4HP Briggs and Stratton lawn mower engine that I've converted to run horizontal shaft(modded the oiling system), now I'm converting it to OHV with the head from a Honda lawnmower engine. Then I'm going to use the smog pump from my Toyota Corona as a supercharger for it, should be good laugh I love doing stuff like that, proper modifying, not just bolting stuff on. smile

Just wait until I learn how to cast stuff! :P

Thanks

Hayden