Jason,<br /><br />There is a cool idea!!! wow....<br /><br />It makes sense upload is free think about it, all STM links are asymetrical - ie same u/l and d/l..<br /><br />Now what is normal TCP IP traffic for a home or office user, massive download and small upload. You request web pages like less than 1k and then receive 100K or more download. Normal ISP traffic shows a 10:1 ratio of download to upload.<br /><br />Therefore you have all this upload capacity empty unused.. Its paid for anyway so why not encourage its use. Also ADSL my design is slower on upload than download anyway, so 100% use of upload you STILL wont take up all the space.<br /><br />Cable is even worse with a smaller upload capacity, the 1500/256 eats it for upload..<br /><br />You forgot to mention how OPTUS is the worst, they FORBID you to run servers - its stated clearly in the TOS it will result in you being disconnected - what wankers!! Not to mention they block so many ports and throttle others its a joke. You cant use any P2P software, kazzalite will give you peak 1K download on optARSE...<br /><br />They seem to think its there moral duty to stop sharing of files, web and ftp servers, all 80 / 21 outgoing stuff is blocked, so even if you try to run a server it wont work, but if your clever and port jump it, they catch you by 'abnormal upload' and terminate you anyway.<br /><br />Considering close to 50% of them is owned my facist American corporation determined that any sharing is piracy, you wonder why.<br /><br />I would put them all out to sea and pull the plug and do the world a favour!!