AUS-CITY Message Forums

AUS-CITY Group Forums

Come explore with us!

Please also visit: IDB.COM.AU - IDB.INFO - IDB.ASIA - IDB.AU
Race Control News and Results Feed
YouTube David 'The Captain' - YouTube Wesley 'Iceman' - YouTube Alisa 'Black Mamba'
Twitch.tv David 'The Captain' - Twitch.tv Wesley 'Iceman' - Twitch.tv Alisa 'Black Mamba'
Odysee - 'F1 - The Captain' - Oydsee - 'FiA - Iceman' - Odysee - 'KingScaron'
Join our discord server - 'Formula Racing Club'
Join our discord server - 'F1 Formula Racing Club'
Join our telegram server - 'Track Limits'

Search AUS-CITY
Search Worldwide
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 674 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
KSC PAD 39A
PAD 39A
KSC PAD 39B
PAD 39B
TLE DATA

IDB.COM.AU

For all your TLE downloads.

May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
AUS-CITY Recent Posts
So go ruck yourself [Interesting]
by Alisa - Thu 02 May 2024 02:20:PM
AUS-CITY Latest Photos
Art By MA
Art By MA
by Alisa, July 27
"5greenheart" by MA
"5greenheart" by MA
by Alisa, July 27
"3moons" by MA
"3moons" by MA
by Alisa, July 27
Art By MA
Art By MA
by Alisa, July 27
Art By MA
Art By MA
by Alisa, July 27
Popular Topics(Views)
AUS-CITY Earthquake Map
World Earthquake Map
AUS-CITY Advertisements
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#50978 Fri 29 Oct 2010 01:00:AM
H
hermes Offline OP
Space Trainee
OP Offline
Space Trainee
H
There is a 1950 model in Melbourne on ebay. What is interesting is that this is the model with the fully imported "tin" bumpers made about April 1950 and sold later in the year here. It would probably have had domed hubcaps with reverse p. Still the eyebrow trim but of a slightly different profile to the 1949 cars. It is claimed the car is original and the body is good which it isn't possible to verify from the pics but even so the asking price is steep. How many 203's are still hiding out there?
Perhaps in honour of our new hosts we should create the first rocket powered 203 and see if we can hit Yorkshire with it?
Russell

AUS-CITY Advertisements

UBB Central
Interactive forums from Space, Science and Technology To General Interest, Personal and Spirituality.
AtomicSecured Linux
CMS The Best Conveyancing solicitors conveyancing quotes throughout the UK
For any webhosting enquiries please email webmaster@aus-city.com
hermes #50982 Fri 29 Oct 2010 01:40:AM
F
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
F
if we were home i'ld have expected to follow a link to see it ( but i'ld also have been able to have pm-ed you re. your postal address but then i wouldn't have needed to, if we hadn't lost everything ... a bit like a fire really)
steven

hermes #50985 Fri 29 Oct 2010 03:28:AM
P
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
P
Well here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PEUGEOT-203-SEDAN-1950-/160498807702?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item255e797396

If that can work here.

That reminds me, days before Aussiefrogs crashed, I couldn't post links. Hmmm, strange eh?

hermes #50986 Fri 29 Oct 2010 03:55:AM
H
hermes Offline OP
Space Trainee
OP Offline
Space Trainee
H
Steven, I will PM my postal address. I did have it posted but possibly not a good idea with all this identity theft around. Don't tell Mike or I'll be getting suspicious Yorkshire puddings in the mail. When life gets back to normal I'll have to work out the best way to put all my 203 road tests online. Mike, if your're listening, I don't have the Motor Road Test of the 203 or the Autocar report from October 1947 so pop down to the second hand book shop and pick us up a copy. Those Motor road test annuals were good value, they tested more Peugeots than Autocar.
The car on ebay is missing the tail light. Would cost up to $200 on ebay. Values are only what people will pay but $5000?
Russell

Last edited by hermes; Fri 29 Oct 2010 09:33:AM.
hermes #50989 Fri 29 Oct 2010 04:42:AM
P
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
P
Originally Posted by hermes

The car on ebay is missing the tail light. Would cost up to $200 on ebay. Values are only what people will pay but $5000?

That car has more tail lights than you could poke a stick at.

Wot were they thinking? And not even an original set.

The body looks OK however there's no mechanical rundown on anything that may have been done.

I got mine a month ago with roadworthy and able to drive home from Vic to NSW for not much more, with 403 engine, updated brakes, new tyres and petrol pump and alternator and club rego when I arrived, so I guess it could be a little spensive.

Still, they are becoming very scarce, so it's always hard to judge a price.

That one is the old model with the small back window and will probably have the original 203 engine which is the 1300 job.
I've learn't that much since I got mine. Fantastic car whichever way you look at it.

I'm not knocking it and I hope someone gets it and does it up. The more the merrier.

Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Steven, Don't tell Mike or I'll be getting suspicious Yorkshire puddings in the mail. When life gets back to normal I'll have to work out the best way to put all my 203 road tests online. Mike, if your're listening, I don't have the Motor Road Test of the 203 or the Autocar report from October 1947 so pop down to the second hand book shop and pick us up a copy.

Oh, no problem....
Would you like me to pop to the shop right away, or do I have time to tie my laces first? I'm a double-knot man so it'll take a little time. We're a careful bunch where I live, which means we all double-knot our laces. Good test of a chap's character, we reckon. If he takes less than five minutes to put his boots on then he's not from CUMBRIA* . (The county formerly known as CUMBERLAND ). Where men are men and the majority of the women are glad of it.
*Wonderful thing, google.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumbria

So you people can put as many pre-loved Saturn boosters as you like under the bonnets of your worm drives and aim them at the county of the great unwashed. I may hear them as they whistle overhead, but I won't need to duck. I'll be tying my laces.

Yorkshire! Bloody Yorkshire!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yorkshire

Anyway, back to Cumbria, the land where baths are taken annually. Every February 31st without fail, never missed one yet.
If you care to home in on yours truly, take a peek at google maps and type in
ca4 0rp loc: Wreay, Carlisle, Cumbria CA4, UK

You'll see I live outside the village, on the hill. I'll be the guy bent over, tying his laces. Or I might be scratching my arse, dependant on time of day / mood.

clink

Mike.

H
hermes Offline OP
Space Trainee
OP Offline
Space Trainee
H
Damn! I had him typed as a Yorkshireman. My knowledge of Cumbria is ......
Looked it up. That's where the original Casterton is. Lake district and all that. Sounds quite beautiful but cold. Definitely need a heater in that car of yours.
Russell

Last edited by hermes; Fri 29 Oct 2010 02:54:PM.
B
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
B
I too must apologise, as I also tagged you as a Yorkshireman.
Thank you for advising us all that you are a Cumbrian.
Is the county cricket side any good and if they are not can you load up the touring Ashes side with them so us Aussie's can belt them!
Cheers,
Brendan

Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Wow Mike, Beautiful! You are nearly in Scotland! What happens to the accents up there, surely they don't just change over at the border? clown chaplin

Digressing further, briefly, I just went on the newly evolving forum and had a chuckle at the post you made in March 2006.
Did you predict the crash? crazy2 You even said Octember...ooo

(sorry Hermes, back to 203's... reye)

Attached Images
predict...JPG

Kaye
H
hermes Offline OP
Space Trainee
OP Offline
Space Trainee
H
We have BBC programs from Wales, Scotland, Yorkshire, we have lots of regional programs but nothing ever from Cumbria. I sort of imagined you living in a Heartbeat Yorkshire. I live in such an inconsequential and remote place I must rely on broadband provided by a steam powered satellite so things like Google Earth are beyond me. As well I believe there are only high altitude pics of Corndale on Google because nobody lives here. So I can't park the 203 outside and you can't see my parking lot of dead Peugeots.
Russell

Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Sounds quite beautiful but cold.

I don't remember mentioning the wife? shrug

And yes Kaye, the accents do change as soon as you cross the border. You'd think there'd be a gradual change from say 20 miles either side of the border, but no, tis odd. The inmates of Gretna bat(where couples still run away to to get married) are almost unintelligible to us and that's only about 10 miles away, smack on the border. Not that you'd want to converse with the b@rst@rds, they're a bunch of, errm, I'll keep it polite, pah, any word beginning in F and ending in ERS just about sums 'em up. As you can tell, I just love 'em. l_sabre
The sooner Hadrian's Wall gets rebuilt the better. standoff

clink

Mike.

BTW..... sorry Brendan, you'll have to tell me who you are chaplin

Last edited by Mimis_dad; Sat 30 Oct 2010 12:10:PM.

Moderated by  VA3DBJ, Webmaster 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Rtuneion, JohnReid, nguyenthanhthuon, Rug_Rig_Fitness, Shelly
2,957 Registered Users
Pictures

NASA Picture of the Day

Astronomy Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day

Picture of the Week

Latest SOHO Solar Image
The latest solar image from the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO)

NOAA / Space Weather Prediction Center

Live Web Cam's
Live Sydney Harbour Bridge Looking South

Live Sydney Warringah Freeway

Live Sydney M2 Motorway Lane Cove

Live Sydney Anzac Bridge

Live Hilo Bay Hawaii

Live Australian Antarctica Casey Division

Live Australian Antarctica Mawson Division

Live Mount Fuji - Japan

Ny-Alesund - Antarctica

AUS-CITY Live Weather
IDB Weather IDB Weather
IDB Weather IDB Weather
IDB Weather IDB Weather
Top Posters(30 Days)
Webmaster 2,992
Alisa 578
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics684,904
Posts719,515
Members2,957
Most Online3,142
Jan 16th, 2023
Top Posters
Webmaster 381,903
Alisa 64,175
Jedi Knight 4,142
reuder 557
apsattv 517
ShaRp 408
Big Chief 377
Flux 208
HQSS 138
Copyright 1996 - 2023 by David Cottle. Designed by David Bate Jr. All Rights Reserved.
By using this forum, the user agrees not to transfer any data or technical information received under the agreement, to any other entity without the express approval of the AUS-CITY Forum Admins and/or authors of individual posts (Forum Admins and DoD/USSPACECOM for the analysis of satellite tracking data).

Two-line elements (TLE) and all other satellite data presented and distributed via this forum and e-mail lists of AUS-CITY are distributed with permission from DoD/USSTRATCOM.

UBB Central

Interactive forums from Space, Science and Technology To General Interest, Personal and Spirituality.

AtomicSecured Linux

Reprise Hosting