AUS-CITY Message Forums

AUS-CITY Group Forums

Come explore with us!

Please also visit: IDB.COM.AU - IDB.INFO - IDB.ASIA - IDB.AU
Race Control News and Results Feed
YouTube David 'The Captain' - YouTube Wesley 'Iceman' - YouTube Alisa 'Black Mamba'
Twitch.tv David 'The Captain' - Twitch.tv Wesley 'Iceman' - Twitch.tv Alisa 'Black Mamba'
Odysee - 'F1 - The Captain' - Oydsee - 'FiA - Iceman' - Odysee - 'KingScaron'
Join our discord server - 'Formula Racing Club'
Join our discord server - 'F1 Formula Racing Club'
Join our telegram server - 'Track Limits'

Search AUS-CITY
Search Worldwide
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 741 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
KSC PAD 39A
PAD 39A
KSC PAD 39B
PAD 39B
TLE DATA

IDB.COM.AU

For all your TLE downloads.

May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
AUS-CITY Recent Posts
Lego Marvel The Amazing Spider-Man review
by Webmaster - Wed 01 May 2024 05:45:PM
Solar maximum: What is it and when will it occur?
by Webmaster - Wed 01 May 2024 05:00:PM
NASA's James Webb Space Telescope mission — Live updates
by Webmaster - Wed 01 May 2024 03:46:PM
Best sci-fi movies with 90%+ on Rotten Tomatoes
by Webmaster - Wed 01 May 2024 03:29:PM
AUS-CITY Latest Photos
Art By MA
Art By MA
by Alisa, July 27
"5greenheart" by MA
"5greenheart" by MA
by Alisa, July 27
"3moons" by MA
"3moons" by MA
by Alisa, July 27
Art By MA
Art By MA
by Alisa, July 27
Art By MA
Art By MA
by Alisa, July 27
Popular Topics(Views)
AUS-CITY Earthquake Map
World Earthquake Map
AUS-CITY Advertisements
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#50628 Sun 24 Oct 2010 09:00:PM
S
Space Trainee
OP Offline
Space Trainee
S
So seeing as Aussie Frogs is down I have suffered severe withdrawals and developed an interest in other cars. So upon searching the Great Wall 4WDs to see if their any good (they have less power than my 505 and are slower than my 403, I didn't think that was possible) I found a comparison between a Great Wall and a Mahindra. I noticed the Mahindra has the same power, capacity and other basic specs as the XD3TE! Could it be! I wander how much crashed Mahindras go for, my 505 SRi needs a new engine.

HOLY FECK! THIS FORUM HAS ALOT OF SMILEYS!!!!!!
But not the one I'm looking for

Thanks

Hayden

AUS-CITY Advertisements

UBB Central
Interactive forums from Space, Science and Technology To General Interest, Personal and Spirituality.
AtomicSecured Linux
CMS The Best Conveyancing solicitors conveyancing quotes throughout the UK
For any webhosting enquiries please email webmaster@aus-city.com
sideways #50678 Mon 25 Oct 2010 12:05:PM
S
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
S
Yes, the Mahindras used the XD series engines, but when was the last time you saw one here in Australia?

If you're looking for XD3T engines, look no further than the UK. Just this year there was heaps of them in wrecker's yards in LDV Convoy vans and to a lesser extent the old DAF 400s. But they do have a slightly different exhaust manifold to the ones we're used to.

On another note, in my desperation for something to read since AF went down, I was perusing a go-kart forum, only to find someone who's name was Hayden, handle was Sideways and was from Perth. Sounded familiar. What do you know about hotted-up Victa lawnmower engines?

Scotty #50790 Tue 26 Oct 2010 03:33:AM
S
Space Trainee
OP Offline
Space Trainee
S
Originally Posted by Scotty
Yes, the Mahindras used the XD series engines, but when was the last time you saw one here in Australia?

If you're looking for XD3T engines, look no further than the UK. Just this year there was heaps of them in wrecker's yards in LDV Convoy vans and to a lesser extent the old DAF 400s. But they do have a slightly different exhaust manifold to the ones we're used to.

On another note, in my desperation for something to read since AF went down, I was perusing a go-kart forum, only to find someone who's name was Hayden, handle was Sideways and was from Perth. Sounded familiar. What do you know about hotted-up Victa lawnmower engines?

I've seen a few of them around actually, seen a few Tata utes too. Not for a while though. in the Tata utes the front springs would sag after a few years so they ended up with serious negative camber(swing axle front suspension) and people would scrap them then, there used to be a fair few around here, if only I knew what they were back then. Low KM good Peugeot diesel engines with a RWD gearbox being scrapped. no I should of got one just to use a paddock basher, the scrap metal man never gave anyone anything for them, oh well, I was too young back then... (God I go off topic easily, sorry)

And yes, I had assumed that there would be tons of these engines in commercial vehicles in Europe, if only I had the money!

That would of been me on the go kart forum. I know a fair bit about modifying Victas and basically all other small engines. I'm building a few go karts and a buggy that will have Victas. One of my projects is a 1979 4HP Briggs and Stratton lawn mower engine that I've converted to run horizontal shaft(modded the oiling system), now I'm converting it to OHV with the head from a Honda lawnmower engine. Then I'm going to use the smog pump from my Toyota Corona as a supercharger for it, should be good laugh I love doing stuff like that, proper modifying, not just bolting stuff on. smile

Just wait until I learn how to cast stuff! :P

Thanks

Hayden

sideways #50952 Thu 28 Oct 2010 10:40:AM
P
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
P
spoke to a guy round brizzy a good while back said he knew of a guy with a yard full of said utes ,if your interested il try and chase his number PUGS

pugwash #51019 Fri 29 Oct 2010 05:10:PM
S
Space Trainee
OP Offline
Space Trainee
S
Originally Posted by pugwash
spoke to a guy round brizzy a good while back said he knew of a guy with a yard full of said utes ,if your interested il try and chase his number PUGS

Thanks mate but I'l have to decline, Queensland is too far away for me to get anything from him and I don't have anything to ask him, I don't think I've ever seen under the bonnet of a diesel 505. Perhaps Scott might have an interest?

Having said that, I think I've found a series 1 diesel 505 for very cheap laugh.

Thanks

Hayden

sideways #51037 Sat 30 Oct 2010 12:21:AM
S
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
S
Interesting, I would very much like to see this yard. Would be worth having a look to see what's salveagable. Let us know if you track down your contact, Pugs.

Scotty

Moderated by  VA3DBJ, Webmaster 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Rtuneion, JohnReid, nguyenthanhthuon, Rug_Rig_Fitness, Shelly
2,957 Registered Users
Pictures

NASA Picture of the Day

Astronomy Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day

Picture of the Week

Latest SOHO Solar Image
The latest solar image from the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO)

NOAA / Space Weather Prediction Center

Live Web Cam's
Live Sydney Harbour Bridge Looking South

Live Sydney Warringah Freeway

Live Sydney M2 Motorway Lane Cove

Live Sydney Anzac Bridge

Live Hilo Bay Hawaii

Live Australian Antarctica Casey Division

Live Australian Antarctica Mawson Division

Live Mount Fuji - Japan

Ny-Alesund - Antarctica

AUS-CITY Live Weather
IDB Weather IDB Weather
IDB Weather IDB Weather
IDB Weather IDB Weather
Top Posters(30 Days)
Webmaster 3,007
Alisa 528
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics684,854
Posts719,465
Members2,957
Most Online3,142
Jan 16th, 2023
Top Posters
Webmaster 381,903
Alisa 64,175
Jedi Knight 4,142
reuder 557
apsattv 517
ShaRp 408
Big Chief 377
Flux 208
HQSS 138
Copyright 1996 - 2023 by David Cottle. Designed by David Bate Jr. All Rights Reserved.
By using this forum, the user agrees not to transfer any data or technical information received under the agreement, to any other entity without the express approval of the AUS-CITY Forum Admins and/or authors of individual posts (Forum Admins and DoD/USSPACECOM for the analysis of satellite tracking data).

Two-line elements (TLE) and all other satellite data presented and distributed via this forum and e-mail lists of AUS-CITY are distributed with permission from DoD/USSTRATCOM.

UBB Central

Interactive forums from Space, Science and Technology To General Interest, Personal and Spirituality.

AtomicSecured Linux

Reprise Hosting