AUS-CITY
Posted By: rainbowchaser Angry and dead tired - Tue 11 Nov 2008 08:30:AM
I was hoping to post last night, but my eldest brother was admitted to the hospital yesterday afternoon and last night he "coded" and was rushed to ICU. So I had to bolt to the hospital and I've been there all night. I'm just so tired and I'll head to bed for a few hours shortly - but I wanted to stick my nose in here first.

I'm angry because I found out something yesterday morning that absolutely rubbed me the wrong way.

I had to take my toddler to my GP to get a referral to a paediatrician. I'd asked the CSO to find out from the carer what antibiotic my daughter had last been on and when she was last on it... To cut a long story short, I found out that although my daughter has been continuously sick all year - she has NOT been on any antibiotics in over 3 months.

I was outraged! She is always so sick (never healthy) and she has most definitely needed antibiotics in the past 3 months... Hell, if I had not taken her to the doctor DoCS would have hauled me over the coals for it.

So the CSO does a big backpedal... She admits that she THOUGHT my daughter was on antibiotics then places the blame on the the previous carer (my daughter has just moved to the home her 2 other sisters are in) and tried to make it clear that it was not the new carer.

Well I don't give a fat rat's rissole... It doesn't change the fact that my daughter needed antibiotics and was NEGLECTED.

The CSO knows she was neglected too... That's why the backpedal and buck passing.

So my GP has voided any referral to a paediatrician and wants to concentrate on getting my toddler healthy... He's an awesome GP and I'm so glad that he's my family doctor.

Posted By: kickemout Re: Angry and dead tired - Mon 17 Nov 2008 09:35:PM
that constitutes...neglect, abuse and deprivation of rights
Posted By: rainbowchaser Re: Angry and dead tired - Mon 17 Nov 2008 10:04:PM
Yes, and doesn't the CSO know it!!!

That's why she did an immediate backpedal and blamed the carer.

It was an attempt to wash her hands of the ultimate responsibility.

And DoCS are the ones who have the absolute responsibility.
Posted By: MsTikky Re: Angry and dead tired - Sat 14 Feb 2009 06:55:PM
That sounds very much like the Innisfail office and the excuses the CSO and Team Leaders give. When you question them and call them on their own bullshit, they can't answer and they attempt to make out you are in denial of the absolute false allegations that they make.
Posted By: LovingMyKids Re: Angry and dead tired - Sun 15 Feb 2009 12:05:AM
That's why you ask and correspond with them always in writing no matter what, when they don't address issues in writing they have recieved in writing, you then address it in affidavit material against the dept...magistrates are legal and have all papers and court procedures recorded, they can't afford to ignore these issues all that long...it only costs $30 for transcripts of a days court proceedings...very handy too....

© AUS-CITY Message Forums