AUS-CITY
Posted By: Flux No Signal the Wind Blew my Dish Around - Fri 01 Aug 2008 05:05:PM
After the Winds i have no signal. Having looked at the dish i notice it has moved. It moves side to side but not up and down.

Is there a way that i can fix this or do i need a technician to do it.

I am willing to give it a go myself.

Posted By: jaremt Re: No Signal the Wind Blew my Dish Around - Fri 01 Aug 2008 08:29:PM
Its not easy for a novice but see if you can find the rust marks where it lived and start there using the signal meter on the UBI box.
Remember move it VERY LITTLE at a time anything more than 0.5mm a time you will miss the Satellite.
As long as your elevation is untouched you should find UBI again, Also do it slowly and if you don't find it one way try the other.
Posted By: Flux Re: No Signal the Wind Blew my Dish Around - Fri 01 Aug 2008 10:14:PM
Hi jaremet

i can't see rust marks but i can see where it has slipped around the pole. The mount clamps have left shiny rings around it.
I moved the dish around one way then the other slowly and the meter came up showing signal strength 3 times while I was rotating it.

Is there something in the meter or settings in the box to tell me which one to stop at?

I assume i have managed to get signal from 3 different satellites. Am i correct?

Posted By: Flux Re: No Signal the Wind Blew my Dish Around - Tue 05 Aug 2008 12:29:PM
Hi again jaremt

I managed to fix it. It was the one in the middle.

Thanks for your help and its all systems go here.
© AUS-CITY Message Forums