AUS-CITY
Posted By: b707 BX 16V paint code - Fri 22 Oct 2010 11:29:AM
Hi all,

You really know how much you miss AF when its no longer there.

Hopefully the good folk on this reincarnated temporary version can help me. I looking to repaint my tired looking front bar this WE and cannot find the colour code for my white Valver. Im guessing the Valver only came out in Australia in one type of white.

Any help appreciated and hopefully our beloved AF as we know it is back soon.
Posted By: Zander Re: BX 16V paint code - Fri 22 Oct 2010 12:37:PM
I had to get paint matched when I wanted to spray the bumper on my one, the bloke did a really good job mixing it too. I did call Continental Cars and ask what the paint code was, but when it was mixed it looked nothing like the white I wanted lol.

I can't remember how much I paid to have a litre of matching paint mixed, but I think it was less the $30.

Sorry, I just read over what I wrote and realised that it doesn't really answer your question. lol
Posted By: b707 Re: BX 16V paint code - Fri 22 Oct 2010 10:49:PM
Thanks Zander,

Its all sorted. Bill at the Citroen dealership in Roselands was kind enough to help me out. The colour is Blanc Miege and the code is stenciled on the lhd guard near the ABS module.

Got the paint all mixed and hopefully the bar will get painted this WE.
Posted By: RonB Re: BX 16V paint code - Sat 23 Oct 2010 03:28:AM
Blanc Miege - translation the blanc means white the meige means 'shows every bit of dust, mud ,bitumen any other c**p around'
Posted By: Schlemiel Re: BX 16V paint code - Sat 23 Oct 2010 12:46:PM
Originally Posted by b707
Got the paint all mixed and hopefully the bar will get painted this WE.
Yeah, in 99% humidity. Your luck's good as mine; I had a paying day booked in and took the sunny one off.
Posted By: b707 Re: BX 16V paint code - Sat 23 Oct 2010 01:15:PM
Yeah no painting today with this terrible weather.

Will just do prep work such as sanding and blending the filler on the repaired fibreglass.
© AUS-CITY Message Forums