AUS-CITY
Posted By: RonB Registered user Number...... - Sat 23 Oct 2010 04:05:AM
Some time last week on 'the real'AF I noticed someone's membership number was in the high 9000's. Then over on the right of the screen is a little box that welcomes new members here and is currently showing a total membership of 2510 members and that has expanded rapidly over the past day or so. If gibgib et al are not successful in getting AF up and running in the near future this place is in for a population explosion that will rival mice in a granary.
It is a strange feeling - wandering around the site (read lost) and poking my digital nose into this and that - feel like I'm in someone else's house when they are not at home.
All that aside I must add my name to list of those who have offered thanks to the AUS-CITY mob for hosting AFer's in our time of need
Posted By: Alisa Re: Registered user Number...... - Sat 23 Oct 2010 11:03:AM
I enjoyed this post, RonB, and the analogy of mice in a granary! toomany chuckle

I've also enjoyed witnessing so many members of an on-line family (the Froggies) gather together. Please peruse the forums as you wish. Aus-City is like a big old house with lots of rooms.

David started this forum to share his NASA, space shuttle, and communications enthusiasm, but is open to any and all subjects. When I (his wife BTW) was interested in setting up a website to explore my interests of metaphysics (spirits, UFOs, etc.) he insisted I create my forum here. I thought, gee, notsure do I fit in with all this scientific stuff? But it's been just fine. shake

Anyway, I just wanted to say "Welcome" AFer's, glad to have you here for however long you need. tiphat
Posted By: Mimis_dad Re: Registered user Number...... - Sat 23 Oct 2010 11:53:AM
Originally Posted by Alisa
Anyway, I just wanted to say "Welcome" AFer's, glad to have you here for however long you need. tiphat

hiya

Thanks for the welcome, and the board and lodgings while we get ourselves sorted out. Just hope we (well me really) don't lower the tone of the place too much.hyenas hyenas

Thanks again.

clink

Mike.

Posted By: UFO Re: Registered user Number...... - Sat 23 Oct 2010 01:32:PM
Alisa

You research UFOs - I know where there's one. beret

By the way, thanks for having us around your place friends2
Posted By: sunshine77 Re: Registered user Number...... - Sat 23 Oct 2010 04:46:PM
I enjoyed this post, RonB, and the analogy of mice in a granary! toomany chuckle

I've also enjoyed witnessing so many members of an on-line family (the Froggies) gather together. Please peruse the forums as you wish. Aus-City is like a big old house with lots of rooms.

David started this forum to share his NASA, space shuttle, and communications enthusiasm, but is open to any and all subjects. When I (his wife BTW) was interested in setting up a website to explore my interests of metaphysics (spirits, UFOs, etc.) he insisted I create my forum here. I thought, gee, notsure do I fit in with all this scientific stuff? But it's been just fine. shake

Thank Alisa for your welcome and filling us in on the forum background. What diversity, I love it! yay4

PS Despite what he said Mimis_dad’s alright really, his constant pommy humour makes up for the cracks.
We love him - really. rose chaplin

Did you know that prior to this forum I never knew some of these blokes wore green lace. cof

For the record RonB; the membership was 2449 on 21-10, the day I joined.

thankyou2
Posted By: pugrambo Re: Registered user Number...... - Sat 23 Oct 2010 05:30:PM
when i registered i think there were only about 40 people on AF

you could go days without anything happeneing there and now look, where are all lost, homeless due to some seppos software stuffup

hey Kaye, did you end up selling your wagon ?
Posted By: sunshine77 Re: Registered user Number...... - Sat 23 Oct 2010 05:45:PM
Originally Posted by pugrambo

hey Kaye, did you end up selling your wagon ?

Naugh Rambo, wasn't the wagon I wanted a RWC for. As for my wagon I might consider wrecking it now I've finished crash testing it... teehee.....Just kidding, it's still on the road.
Posted By: robmac Re: Registered user Number...... - Sat 23 Oct 2010 05:45:PM
Originally Posted by sunshine77

Thank Alisa for your welcome and filling us in on the forum background. What diversity, I love it! yay4

PS Despite what he said Mimis_dad’s alright really, his constant pommy humour makes up for the cracks.
We love him - really. rose chaplin

Did you know that prior to this forum I never knew some of these blokes wore green lace. cof

For the record RonB; the membership was 2449 on 21-10, the day I joined.

thankyou2

Just call me Paddy krank krank
Posted By: Alisa Re: Registered user Number...... - Sat 23 Oct 2010 07:12:PM
You all bring such a warm, vibrant spirit here (so to speak)! eyebrows It livens up this otherwise slightly stuffy place. What a great bunch of people. cheerful
Posted By: robmac Re: Registered user Number...... - Sat 23 Oct 2010 07:53:PM
I would like to think some of the Mods and in fact some of the Members of Aus City who have made us so welcome should be presented with honorary (not that it isn't Honorary anyway) membership of the restored AF Forum.

Their names should hilight in the "who's online list" so we always remember how welcome they made us feel.

I would also like a "donation" of some their smilies

hyenas orb

Posted By: UFO Re: Registered user Number...... - Sat 23 Oct 2010 08:01:PM
You all bring such a warm, vibrant spirit here (so to speak)! eyebrows It livens up this otherwise slightly stuffy place. What a great bunch of people. cheerful

You're easily impressed!

Just wait, give it enough time it'll be like the rellies who come to stay at your beach house at Xmas.... revolution
Posted By: Australdi_real Re: Registered user Number...... - Sat 23 Oct 2010 08:53:PM
...and here was I...about to post a "yeah, that's 'cause they're on their best behaviour (like kids when they're asleep), but just wait 'till the first dummy spit...you can keep 'em" type post laugh but then I thought...aww shucks they are kinda cute when they're being nice...lets not burst any bubbles. hehehe

we are very much one big crazy family hey

(and we're all going to go smilies nuts 'cause we've never had this many to play with before!) laugh yay3
Posted By: Schlemiel Re: Registered user Number...... - Sat 23 Oct 2010 09:10:PM
Maybe we "gatecrashers" could meet some original residents for a simple (when compared to the famous 2009 five-day AF party/road trip event) catch-up?

Would be an interesting occasion. I also ponder the need to mark Gerry's efforts - despite recent setbacks - ten years being an excellent milestone for a civil and diverse forum.
Posted By: Australdi_real Re: Registered user Number...... - Sat 23 Oct 2010 09:21:PM
Originally Posted by Schlemiel
Maybe we "gatecrashers" could meet some original residents for a simple (when compared to the famous 2009 five-day AF party/road trip event) catch-up?

Would be an interesting occasion. I also ponder the need to mark Gerry's efforts - despite recent setbacks - ten years being an excellent milestone for a civil and diverse forum.

Did you say Party????? TOGA TOGA TOGA!
bring beer! Sausages (kosher!) Music! Dave's rendang and lots of nibblies....hot tub soireeeeee! WOOOHOOO!
send out the invites! happyrun
yay3 yay3 bear
cof
Posted By: DRD180 Re: Registered user Number...... - Sat 23 Oct 2010 10:43:PM
So this is where the party is at, Just a quick hi and helo and thanks to this forum for the space.
Posted By: RonB Re: Registered user Number...... - Sun 24 Oct 2010 02:00:PM
Originally Posted by Australdi_real
Originally Posted by Schlemiel

Did you say Party????? TOGA TOGA TOGA!
bring beer! Sausages (kosher!) Music! Dave's rendang and lots of nibblies....hot tub soireeeeee! WOOOHOOO!
send out the invites! happyrun
yay3 yay3 bear
cof

Now I know it's the real Australadi
Posted By: SamR Re: Registered user Number...... - Mon 25 Oct 2010 01:38:AM
It seems every time I log in there's another 10 new members here. And look, we've already passed 230 posts, well on our way to half a million plus typing dog
Posted By: HKP Re: Registered user Number...... - Wed 27 Oct 2010 06:24:PM
clink Big thanks from here in Qld too for hosting this side of the family.

Posted By: Mimis_dad Re: Registered user Number...... - Thu 28 Oct 2010 11:25:AM
Aus-City is like a big old house with lots of rooms.

If I were you I'd be checking all those rooms when we've gone, to make sure nobody's decided to take a few souvenirs, towels, cutlery, the odd Monet or two.

I can imagine the scene when we leave you in peace...........

The pair of you will be sitting down to a nice Sunday lunch..

Alisa, "You have some interesting friends, David"

David, "What do you mean, my friends?! I thought they were with you?"

Pair of you, " overact overact "

Anyway, all the best and thanks for having us.

chaplin

clink

Mike.
© AUS-CITY Message Forums