AUS-CITY
Posted By: Alisa Compassion - Mon 28 May 2007 12:26:PM
I was watching the program 20/20 the other day was amazed to learn about Amma, an Indian woman who spends her days embracing, comforting and loving humanity. grouphug

For the past 35 years Amma has dedicated her life to the uplifting of suffering humanity through the simplest of gestures – an embrace. In this intimate manner Amma had blessed and consoled more than 25 million people throughout the world.

When someone asked Amma why she receives every person who comes to her in a loving embrace Amma replied, “ If you ask the river,' why do you flow?' what can it say?”

Amma spends most of her waking hours receiving the distressed and all who come to her for comfort, day after day without a break.

Once a press reporter asked Amma how was it possible for her to embrace each and every one in the same loving way, even if they were diseased or unpleasant. Amma replied, “ When a bee hovers over a garden of varied flowers, what it beholds is not the difference between the flowers but the honey within them. Similarly Amma sees the same Supreme Self in each and every one.”
As Dr. Jane Goodall, while presenting Amma with the 2002 Gandhi-King Award for Non-violence said,
" She stands here in front of us. God's love in a human body."
Posted By: dawn Re: Compassion - Mon 28 May 2007 06:11:PM
Stories like this are so heart warming.
I do so much admire these special souls who give their all to the care and service of others.
I stand in awe of her compassion and dedication.

Thanks so much for sharing this good news media report...
It inspires hope.
cloud
Posted By: rainbowchaser Re: Compassion - Sun 02 Nov 2008 08:06:PM
Wow, how beautiful.

How emotionally uplifting - even to just read it.

And her birthday is right near mine and I have psychic issues of my own - how creepy. LOL

I have come to the conclusion that I am continuously scouring this forum and it's topics because the inner me NEEDS to see it... Things here resonate with me.

I need to be here in this forum and I need to be here at Aus-City... I'm not even going to question why... One should never question the Universe... We should just learn to accept.

And on that note... If I end up suddenly experiencing weirdy dreams or things like that... I shall hold Alisa solely responsible as she put this here for me to find. LOL

Posted By: Alisa Re: Compassion - Tue 04 Nov 2008 06:49:PM
If I end up suddenly experiencing weirdy dreams or things like that... I shall hold Alisa solely responsible as she put this here for me to find. LOL

I accept full responsibility! [Linked Image]

I'd say that you breathed some life into these forums, but that would be like saying the jaws-of-life are a pair of pliers. laugh

[Linked Image]

tearsofjoy And I'm so happy to be reliving this topic! [Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: rainbowchaser Re: Compassion - Wed 12 Nov 2008 07:28:PM
Originally Posted by Alisa

I accept full responsibility! [Linked Image]

You take full responsibility?

Awesome!! Let me find some more stuff you can take responsibility for!

LOL
Posted By: Alisa Re: Compassion - Thu 13 Nov 2008 03:28:PM
Awesome!! Let me find some more stuff you can take responsibility for!

rollfloor

Cheeky!
Posted By: rainbowchaser Re: Compassion - Thu 13 Nov 2008 03:40:PM
Absolutely!! LOL
© AUS-CITY Message Forums