AUS-CITY
Posted By: Iain Info wanted on GTS monaro sedan 1973 - Thu 25 Jun 2009 12:07:PM
Hi, my name is Iain, Im currently restoring a 1973 GTS 4 door sedan and was wondering if I could get some info either websites that I can go to or just some good advice,

Is there a web page that gives the dimensions of the GTS rally panels?

I need to get the wheels redone, not to sure which way I should go with this I see some photos and they are Chrome with matt black inserts, and then others that are just silver with matt black, does anyone know a good wheel restorer in Brisbane/gold coast.

And I'm thinking of putting bigger cams in and extractors on, Is this a bad thing? as it's taking away from being original.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Regards, Iain
Posted By: 00pix Re: Info wanted on GTS monaro sedan 1973 - Thu 01 Apr 2010 12:59:AM
hi there, I had my GTS rims redone by DR.WHEELS at unit 7/7 distribution ave Molendinar Qld 4214 Ph. (07) 55975461 the blokes name is Ian. He rerolled my rims repaired stud holes and he looked after the painting of the rims for me throw Depulu wheel reconditioners unit 7/13 Dominions road Ashmore Qld 4214 (07)55973891 they know and can get the factory paint both colours 350 silver part no. 13384 and 350 grey part no. 13383 metallic or if you have a later model 4 door the metallic silver part no. 17216 and charcoal part no. 17473.

For the panels I found them throw the Oldholden forum web site

my rims look very good I recommend DR.WHEELS
Posted By: MonaroMan Re: Info wanted on GTS monaro sedan 1973 - Thu 02 Jun 2011 11:49:PM
Iain,
Recommend you go and buy the book "Monaro Magic" by Norm Darwin. http://www.handpub.com.au/
It has the dimensions of the painted rally panels/stripes including radius of the corners etc in the extensive HQ chapter. The book has an amazing amount of information about not just the HQ but all the Monaro Models. Worth its weight in gold for a Monaro owner.
cheers
© AUS-CITY Message Forums