Greetings all, I just joined the club smile and have a few questions to ask.
I purchased 2002 Monaro CV8, 6 speed manual a couple of months ago, and it is a great car.
I've been driving automatic commodore for the past 10 years and driving a manual after all that time took some getting used to.
So my question is about the manual gearbox itself.
When I got the car there was a bit of a grind between first and second as well as third and second gear when shifting back, and shifting between the first and second could not be done fast or smooth.
When the grind got louder and more obvious, I took it to the Diff guy, it turned out that Sync rings were screwed up and also the joint underneath the gear shaft was worn out ( I do not know much about the workings of the cars so I am using my own words to describe it).
I had the gearbox reconditioned and the gear shaft replaced, new sync rings and all the rest.
It feels much more precise now and the grind is gone but, shifting between first and second gear still can not be done fast and it takes a bit of manhandling to get it there, so I can not get it to do that nice wrom-wroooom thing when I am taking off (atm it is more like wrom.....wrooom smile )
This is my first V8 ever and the first manual car in 10 years (previous ones were 4 cylinder ones) so it is hard to compare, even though I never had problems shifting gears before.
So after all this, I guess, my question is- is that how the gearbox is supposed to be, is there still something wrong with it, or is it just me not knowing how to drive it properly?
Looking forward to any info,

Regards,

MIl