A storm chaser in Texas used a terrifying tornado as the perfect backdrop to a proposal.

Alex Bartholomew popped the question to girlfriend Britney Fox Cayton near McLean on Tuesday, as a twister struck the ground about a mile away. Fortunately, she said yes.

Bartholomew shared photographs on Facebook of the couple’s epic engagement, with the tornado visible in the background. They are now going viral:

”I was completely overjoyed when he asked me and could not help having tears in my eyes,” Cayton told HuffPost on Thursday. “I almost forgot about the tornado behind us because all I could see was him and how happy I felt in that moment.”

The two 25-year-olds have been together for just over 18 months. “He’s a storm chaser but I’ve been fascinated by it since we started dating,” Cayton said. “He’s been taking me out with him every chance we’ve had since.”

Bartholomew wrote on Facebook that he was “elated,” “ecstatic” and “overjoyed” at Cayton’s answer. “I seriously couldn’t ask for a better life and I can’t wait to spend it with her by my side,” he added.

The Tornado Intercept page on Facebook also shared footage of the memorable proposal online:

type=type=RelatedArticlesblockTitle=Related Coverage + articlesList=58cd2bd4e4b0be71dcf5294e,58e33c8ce4b0f4a923b1589c,5707795de4b03a9e75d40e07,5698ea0ae4b0b4eb759e08e4

-- This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.

Source: [url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2017/05/18/storm-chaser-tornado-proposal_n_16684948.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news&ir=Weird+News]Terrifying Tornado Gives Couple A Proposal Story They'll Never Forget[/url]