</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by deepbluesky:<br /><strong> Hello everybody,<br /><br />Is anybody out there that can tell me if the old Tarbs receiver can be used if subscribed to UBI ?<br /><br />There is a member on the greek sat board http://www.sdtv.gr/forum_posts.asp?TID=5010&PN=1 living in the Democratic Republic of Congo and he would like to subscribe to UBI (he was Tarbs customer before and thus has still their receiver) so that he could watch Alpha TV. He has very high signal quality on 76.5E/3780V, so that's not the problem.<br /><br />So two questions some up:<br />1. Is it possible to order only the smartcard ? <br />2. Is the card married to the receiver number so that it has to be activated from UBI ?<br /><br />Thanks a lot in advance.<br />Greetings from Germany </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I asked similiar questions for a friend that lives in Nairobi. I pm message to Phil as I have seen some of his post regarding UBI international. All is answered.<br />1/ use existing smart card not unless you lost the old tarbs one.<br />2/box and card married and only UBI can activate it.<br />thanks