hi Phill And Colin T <br />there are some points that will hold back fibre for all <br /><br />1. with fibre there is also a great saftey concern as it is Laser light in the Infrared range that is invisible and can damage eyes <br /><br />2. lots of $$$$$ to install, terminate, fusion splice, test, <br /><br />3. can the overseas links/backbones handle us all with 100mb/s connections on to it not to mention our own internal links start to don some math and the backbones linke would have to be massive <br />or there will be a big bottle neck it will get pricey <br /><br /><br />in the use off a bi directional fibre link yes it you can get 1.5Mb but i think im am not 100% yet but if you want to have a digital video you need 270mb/s ( or it could be 140mb/s cant rember) for Standard Di and arond 1.4Gbps for High-Def DI i could be mistaken i think that we will still need two fibres <br /> <br /><br />they are installing it in some test suburbs just <br />i think they first install one in canberra and or perth 100mbits system <br /><br />it will come but at a big price and or long time <br /><br /><br />end of line