after talking to people at suburban imports, eagle auto, redcliffe dyno, and holmart i have bailed out big on the ls1. i aint gonna risk that. plus by the time i get a computer and all the other stuff needed to get the thing driving it was quite a lot more than the roughly 5k start price. so there are two options at the moment. option 1 is an lt2 ( could have that wrong ) corvette engine. from memory about 6.2 litre @ $6700 then you gotta get some other stuff to complete like alternator and stuff. i am leaning more to option 2 which is a ramjet 350 chevy. for $9170 it has computer and all the bits the other ones require you to buy included. and for that sort of cabbage so it should. so now i have to decide and chat to some local engine builders and see what they will build for a comparison. the appealing thing about the ramjet engine is aside from the nice 350 horsepower figure the torque is also quite impressive and as this is a competition intended four wheel drive that is very important. also there are off the shelf kits ( marks adaptors ) who supply engine mounts and adaptor kits for my gearbox. so. if anyone has any suggestions of engine builders i am all ears. also, maybe for 9k you wont get so much?? i dont know...only requirement is must be fuel injected.