Well Wintersun 2006 has been and gone and if you missed it bad luck to you as you missed a great week - make sure you pencil it in for 2007 as it is going to be big very big as it is the 20th Birthday for Wintersun. <br />This year there were approx 1040 cars entered - all pre 74 and made up of rods, classics and customs - this year the American Cars would have to take the gong with the bigger the better and of course the big showing of 57 Chev's - in fact I think every 2nd car was one....<br />We had excellant weather until Friday when the rain clouds hovered and then broke open - rain rain and more rain - All I can say is lucky ducks. It also rained about the first half of Saturday and made Sunday fine'ish but cold. <br />The rain or dull weather did not seem to dampen the spectators or the car owners they were there in all there glory. <br /> <br />Our group consisted of us with the Van, Bob and Sally with the HK, Graham and Moreen with the 38 Chev, Robert with the Premier and a friend from Tmba with his XY Ford. <br />We had a few visitors during the week/end from a few club members.<br />Graham would have to win the award for the most breakdowns - 1 on the way down, 1 at Wintersun and then 2 on the way home - But it sure was fun cruising the streets in the Dicky Seat. Graham was also given the news that his 2 Chev's are in fact both rare only about 1000 made world wide and with an offer to purchase then so he is happy happy happy.<br /> <br />We had heaps of fun cruising the streets and going on the organised runs. <br />I think the local's thought we were all mad with the current price of fuel. <br />We all had far to much to drink but it was fun. <br />Anyway no doubt some more photos will be posted soon. <br /><br />That's all folks from the roving intrepid reporter.<br /><br />