I purchased my kefir water crystals in December. And I've been successfully making delicious kefir water drinks since then. I have experimented some and plan to share my results here for anyone interested.

Kefir water is wonderful for several reasons:

1. It is fun to brew your own drink. woot
2. It contains probiotics which are amazingly good for the digestive system which in-turn improves overall health.
3. Kefir water is a "living" food.

Many foods start off as living foods, but through processing and heating (for canning) the beneficial living organisms are killed. When the beneficial organisms are intact, they help breakdown the food so it is more easily digested by the body and so that the energy, vitamins, etc., are readily assimilated.

Anyway, much to discuss on this topic! heartbeat

Meanwhile, here are some photos of my little crystals brewing. The white/clear bits are the kefir water crystals. The brown things are sultanas (that's what the recipe calls for). The yellow things are lemon slices. And the remaining ingredients are water and sugar. The crystals consume the sugar and create a fizzy, tangy drink similar to a light ginger beer.

I greatly welcome any questions, comments, or experience that you can share! [Linked Image]

Attached Images
kw6579.jpg kwjug6572.jpg kwgrains6565.jpg