Hi, 1 in 4 girls are abused. and I think it is 1 in about 8 or 10 boys. BUT docs look for this as it could be diagnostic of next generation child abuse. I would never tell docs if you were abused by your parents. And remember one's age. I still remember the cane being used in school. I personally remember being hit just about EVERY day whist I was in grade 4 - aged 8 yo - (Kelvin Grove Primary School - Brisbane). My mother went up there and blasted that young teacher about that. (GO MUM).
Well wouldn't docs have a field day if they found out that a child was physically smacked (physical abuse to the exact letter here folks). But of course our government condoned all that then and of course, won't mention this. ANd I am not more than 50 yo - so many changes in one's life. What will I witness the government do in the next 50 years?

BUT I even knew never to admit to that fact. docs would read into it too much. they would have twisted it up fully. And presto, it would have become my fault somehow and hence further impress that 'bad mother' picture.

P.S. Mum, I know you will never read this as you can't even remember how to log onto the computer or what your email thingo was again (techno phobes run in the family!!) BUT thanks so much for being there during the lowest time of my life. I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH.
Nothing will ever compare to the love a mother.
Your daughter.