This Child was in the care of Families SA, I am sure you heard about the bashing of the Flamingo, well, it states that Child in question is now being sent on a trip to his mothers place in Sydney, and Families SA, are providing the funds for him to travel. Now is this passing the buck? they are in the paper once again, and they are failing considerably, they take the children and put them in homes that which abuse the children.

IF THE PROBLEM GETS TO HARD FOR THEM WHAT DO THEY DO, SEND HIM AWAY!!!!

NOW THATS FAMILIES SA FOR YOU

ARTICLE
NSW holiday for Adelaide Zoo flamingo bashing accused

TAXPAYERS will pay for one of the alleged Adelaide Zoo flamingo bashers to travel to New South Wales to visit his mother.

The 17-year-old appeared briefly in Adelaide Youth Court today on a charge of aggravated ill-treatment of an animal.

The youth, who cannot be named, is one of four teens charged over the attack on the half-blind flamingo at Adelaide Zoo last month.

The flamingo, believed to be about 78 years of age and one of the oldest in the world, suffered injuries to its head in the daylight attack.

Zoo officials continue to keep a close eye on the bird, which has been one of the zoo's main attractions since the 1930s.

The youth's lawyer Stephen Ey told the court that his client would be pleading not guilty to the charge.

"My client instructs, and from the limited information that I have, that the matter will be contested," Mr Ey said.

Judge Stephen McEwen varied the youth's bail conditions to allow him to travel to Concord in NSW later this month to visit his mother.

The boy is a ward of the state and will be accompanied on his trip by a Families SA social worker.

"He is under a guardianship order ... and I understand that (Families SA) will be picking up the tab for him to travel," Mr Ey said.

The teenager will appear in court again next month along with another of his co-accused, also aged 17.

Two adults, aged 18 and 19, are listed to appear in Adelaide Magistrates Court in February.

What happened to Innocent until proven guilty