I have added two reviews to my Book Reviews Page. Aliens have been the theme and subject for me of late. cylon

I'd love to hear comments or reviews from others on these books or any others, and also, if you have any good books to recommend. thumbsup

Abduction: Human Encounters With Aliens
By John E. Mack

This book is a classic and perfect reading for those not sure if abductions are a reality. Firstly, credibility is heightened (IMO) because the late Dr. John Mack was professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School, which at the least indicates his successful comprehension of the human brain and mind, and infers many years of "experience" exploring such. Secondly, he employs a more scientific-method in his research and properly cites previous findings (which appeals to the intellect). Thirdly, he provides detailed accounts of each abductee which is fascinating. I did, however, often skip his "discussions" at the end of each case, but this was because of my eagerness to read accounts instead of theories.

One quote from Dr. Mack that I thought was profound:

But I believe there is a core belief in our culture that is violated by the alien abduction phenomenon, namely the total separation of the spirit and the physical world. We have made that gulf inviolate, relegating to religion the spirit (subjective) world and assigning to science the material (objective) domain. We simply do not know what to do with a phenomenon that crosses that sacred barrier. It shocks the foundations of our belief structure. Our minds have no place put such a thing.

I also liked:
We can continue to try to make the phenomenon fit the world as we have known it, jamming it into a kind of procrustean bed of consensus reality. Or we can acknowledge that the world might be other than we have known it. Then we are free to see where our thinking leads us.

Reaching For Reality
By Constance Clear

The subtitle for this brilliant book is Seven Incredible True Stories of Alien Abduction. If you have accepted alien abduction as a probable truth, then this book is a very worthwhile read. For me, it filled in more of the little gaps in my understanding and curiosity about abductions. One particular man not only gave intricate details of his many abductions, including his conversations with his abductors, but he also provided 40 or more drawings that I felt added volumes to his accounts. I was riveted to this book. But I love first-hand accounts and prefer them immeasurably over theory books, as I like to build and sort my own mental database of details and come to my own conclusions.

One paragraph of many fascinating paragraphs and accounts:

I ask them about my wife. They tell me not to worry. They are running some tests on her. I don't like this because I know what their tests are like, but, I know I can do nothing. I ask where she is. They tell me that there are three dimensions within this room. The first is the room that I am in. The second is the one that has the other individual in it. I tell them she is my wife but they don't understand, we are two separate people to them and not related. Relationships do not exist. The third is a dimension to which I am somewhat connected. At this time, I am still floating and suddenly I feel tingly, effervescent, like an Alka Seltzer. As one part of my body bubbles away, the other part bubbles the body back.

One of the main messages that seems to occur throughout many of the abduction accounts (I have ever read) is to conquer fear:

They feel that one of the big things we have to try to get over is our fear, because he says, "As you get over your fear of us, you will get over your other fears." It's the fear that hurts us. It's the fear that makes whatever they do to us worse.