Guys,

Is it possible to use a different (better?) satellite box for, UBI, something that may be a HDMI output so the picture can look half decent on a 50"+ plasma screen -- similar to how the foxtel IQ2 does a good job on such a screen, even for normal definition broadcasting with its upscaling and decent (hdmi) output.

What type of card slot support do I need to look for if i was to by my own satellite box?

I know for years ubi has been promising to do something about the boxes, but since tarbs moved to ubi this box has been the cheapest thing i have ever seen. at leas when u were tarbs i could buy my own humax and get a decent picture, compared to those black boxes pre-ubi.

same signal, better box = better signal.

interested to hear peoples experiences and recommendations on this... and also if there is an official stance and future plans to fix situations like this with possible ETA's? (yes, we know the source signal is not HD but u can always improve it with a decent end-box converter, not the cheapest end-box converter -- tv displays are improving leaps and bounds these days).

Thanks in Advance!