What do you think about the recent earthquakes in the news and now the volcanic ash spewed from the Icelandic volcano? In regards to 2012?

It seems like a precursor to me. I've had that many dreams about impending earth change (disaster and particularly fire). I also have received many spirit messages not to worry and that 21-12-12 will be a time of great joy. But that does not mean, to me, that though our spirits will rejoice and that this is a culmination of the creator's plan, that destruction does not lay fertile ground for new growth and that there will be a form of destruction.

I made a quick search this morning to see if others see a sign in these quakes and now volcanic activity. And I found (on the 2012 forums) that of course some think this is a sign. But I also find it very ironic when I read people's posts about stocking up food and water. Whether we experience destruction or not, to evolve we have to move away from the concept of insurance and security and learn to live in the "now", to trust that what we need will be provided. Not to mention that if there is a worldwide cataclysm, stocking up stuff won't do any good. Do I even have to explain? hmm

Personally, I wouldn't want to fight tooth and nail to survive. Even if I didn't believe my spirit is eternal. I have to have a certain quality of life to make it bearable, and desperate struggle with death and disease is not in the least bit acceptable to me. I'd rather return to the bliss of being a part of the whole, even without my personal identity.

I have always found it so strange, this need to cling to life at all costs. Such a fear of the unknown I guess. To accept living in the most painful of circumstances just to get one more day in the body suit.

I'm not saying that I know no fear whatsoever regarding death or a possible world cataclysm. I do still have that bodily fear and spiritual doubt. But when I think about it logically, which is why I am writing this post and why I like to explore this topic, I realize there is nothing to fear and I feel better. I just have to remind myself that I am eternal, that nothing can destroy me, and that I would never want to live in agony. It's not necessary and doesn't sound better than whatever death could bring.

I think back on the time I was riding my bicycle and was hit by a car. (I know I've told this story elsewhere in the forum, sorry to repeat). I am pretty sure I left my body, well really it was more that my consciousness expanded so that I was not focused within my body. I felt not a twinge of pain. And though I was thrown several feet into the middle of a busy double-lane through-way, I was not hit by a car. I had one small cut on my leg and no other injury. And my bike was fine, too. But the main thing is, I felt no pain and when I remember this, I know that it is possible to remove your focus from the body and that any circumstance that overwhelms can make you pop out automatically with no pain or fear.

I remember actually being amused by the whole thing like it was a very interesting play or scientific experiment. I watched people run around trying to figure out what to do to help me (which was really beautiful of people). Everyone was so worried and panicked and I was sitting there as if watching it from afar with curiosity. I remember the man who hit me feeling so badly and wanting to drag me out of the road when a woman jumped out of her car screaming "Don't move her!! She might have a spinal injury!" Then another guy jumped out of his car and flashed a police badge (a plain clothes cop). Another person was a nurse and came to help. Honestly, I felt in such good hands surrounded by these wondrous humans and fellow spirits.

Another strange thing was I could not move. When the guy tried to move me out of the road he was saying, come on, get up. I said, "I can't". I remember thinking I could only move my mouth and eyes. And you'd think I would worry that maybe I did have a spinal injury and was now paralysed, but truly, I had no fear of that whatsoever. I think it was because this larger part of me knew full well that I was not paralysed and that I'd just disengaged.