AUS-CITY Message Forums

AUS-CITY Group Forums

Come explore with us!

Please also visit: IDB.COM.AU - IDB.INFO - IDB.ASIA - IDB.AU
Race Control News and Results Feed
YouTube David 'The Captain' - YouTube Wesley 'Iceman' - YouTube Alisa 'Black Mamba'
Twitch.tv David 'The Captain' - Twitch.tv Wesley 'Iceman' - Twitch.tv Alisa 'Black Mamba'
Odysee - 'F1 - The Captain' - Oydsee - 'FiA - Iceman' - Odysee - 'KingScaron'
Join our discord server - 'Formula Racing Club'
Join our discord server - 'F1 Formula Racing Club'
Join our telegram server - 'Track Limits'

Search AUS-CITY
Search Worldwide
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 493 guests, and 33 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
KSC PAD 39A
PAD 39A
KSC PAD 39B
PAD 39B
TLE DATA

IDB.COM.AU

For all your TLE downloads.

April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
AUS-CITY Recent Posts
AUS-CITY Latest Photos
Art By MA
Art By MA
by Alisa, July 27
"5greenheart" by MA
"5greenheart" by MA
by Alisa, July 27
"3moons" by MA
"3moons" by MA
by Alisa, July 27
Art By MA
Art By MA
by Alisa, July 27
Art By MA
Art By MA
by Alisa, July 27
Popular Topics(Views)
AUS-CITY Earthquake Map
World Earthquake Map
AUS-CITY Advertisements
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#50700 Mon 25 Oct 2010 04:47:PM
A
Space Cadet
OP Offline
Space Cadet
A
I saw this advertised on eBay (a sponsored link):
http://www.aussiefrenchcars.com/?gclid=CNCU8LiV76QCFQjObgodeVG01g

Did the founder of this new forum know about AF? Perhaps he/she has friends at Godaddy?

I see mlb has also found it and has the distinction of being the first (apart from the mod) to post there!

AUS-CITY Advertisements

UBB Central
Interactive forums from Space, Science and Technology To General Interest, Personal and Spirituality.
AtomicSecured Linux
CMS The Best Conveyancing solicitors conveyancing quotes throughout the UK
For any webhosting enquiries please email webmaster@aus-city.com
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Nup. no Staying loyal to the original. There's only one aussiefrogs and nothing could replace it.

and 'aussiefrenchcars' doesn't exactly roll of the tongue...sounds like a poor imitation...not that it's on its lonesome in that wink (must be the week for it) hey

Space Cadet
Space Cadet
checkout the Wanted add...heheheheheh

http://www.aussiefrenchcars.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2055

teehee

clink

dino

Last edited by dinolovesjess; Mon 25 Oct 2010 05:31:PM.
B
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
B
Originally Posted by Australdi_real
Nup. no Staying loyal to the original. There's only one aussiefrogs and nothing could replace it.

and 'aussiefrenchcars' doesn't exactly roll of the tongue...sounds like a poor imitation...not that it's on its lonesome in that wink (must be the week for it) hey

Agree with Di!

Cheers,
Michael

http://nodaddy.com/
Why you shouldn't trust GoDaddy with Your Domain Names!
P
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
P
how in the stuffing hell am i there ??

and to the point RB is there as well

i smell something and it not very pleasant

M
mlb Offline
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
M
Originally Posted by Armadillo
I see mlb has also found it and has the distinction of being the first (apart from the mod) to post there!

I assure you, neither of those bearing my name have anything to do with me.

D
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
D
Addo is already playing my part for me too.... So that saves me time smile

A
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
A
could be an alien conspiracy we are now on a paranormal web site and saying nasty things about a yank site the hair on the back of my neck is standing up now or could that just be the a/c or jess under my desk doing what she does best

mlb #50718 Mon 25 Oct 2010 08:03:PM
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Originally Posted by mlb
Originally Posted by Armadillo

I assure you, neither of those bearing my name have anything to do with me.

This looks bad news - Trace route reports the hosting server as

ASN 26496 which is
http://www.robtex.com/as/as26496.html

So it's hosted by GODADDY ?

It ends up being: http://www.infiltrated.net/blacklisted

So someone more savvy me should investigate it.

I hope it's not an attempt to steal traffic from us.

Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Originally Posted by robmac

I hope it's not an attempt to steal traffic from us.

It looks more like a (rather sad) attempt at attention seeking and ego compensation to me. If someone feels so inadequate that they have to create ficticious accounts impersonating people....they obviously have issues no

it's a pretty infantile attempt really.

Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
It looks infantile now. But only a few people who have heard about AF need to bookmark it and we have potentially lost them .

Great time to do it with the Familiar Forum Logo out of action and being hosted by another (generous) site.

I believe it needs serious investigation.

I know if someone put an AD in a magazine with rip off logo and similar products I would be doing all I could to get some intelligence.

robmac #50730 Mon 25 Oct 2010 09:48:PM
S
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
S
It's a bit unnerving to see so many screen-names hijacked.

If it's a test forum created in good humour, I for one would appreciate knowing this ASAP. All will be forgiven.

Other scenarios may not make me so happy.

A
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
A
or its John Howard and his CIA mates where is my shoe

Space Trainee
Space Trainee

I have to tell you all that I am now totally confused as to what is going on! gloom

Space Trainee
Space Trainee
It looks like the domain name was registered on October 24th, therefore definitely after the loss of Aussiefrogs and it wasn't a long term project but obviously designed after the event. (Not bad for 2 days work)

S
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
S
It's templated off the "AussieSmarts" website.

Hmm...

P
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
P
Wasn't the site for sale before all this?
Perhaps the owner got the shits and gave us the big raspberry.

I don't know , but it seems to me that a whole new thing is needed.
This site right here is slow and over complicated.

We need to have a new creation.

Forumcircle might be a good one. But the bottom line is that someone needs to do something to get the show back on the road. This is the pits.

P
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
P
Originally Posted by Schlemiel
It's templated off the "AussieSmarts" website.

Hmm...

g'day,
had a look at that site, a Smart car with a MR2 engine seems to go quite well. offtopic sunshine
regards

P
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
P
Originally Posted by pugrambo
how in the stuffing hell am i there ??

and to the point RB is there as well

i smell something and it not very pleasant

G'day,
I went there in order to save my name. sunshine

regards

Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Heck pugnose...hope you're wearing your flameproof suit! shocked

There is a LOT of work going on behind the scenes to get everything back up and running at the AF site. You just have to be a little patient as if you read the threads, you'll see that this is a lot more than an ordinary reconstruction.

we are being very graciously hosted here at the moment and most of us are simply grateful for some temporary place to hang together whist the major repair work goes on.

S
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
S
Originally Posted by pugnose
Wasn't the site for sale before all this?
Perhaps the owner got the shits and gave us the big raspberry.

I don't know , but it seems to me that a whole new thing is needed.
This site right here is slow and over complicated.

We need to have a new creation.

Forumcircle might be a good one. But the bottom line is that someone needs to do something to get the show back on the road. This is the pits.

It wouldn't be the owner.

I'm a bit surprised you say this site is slow and the old one fast, i often gave up on the old aussiefrogs site and guessed correctly (obvious now) that it was on a big US virtual space.

This site i guess has less traffic but has always been super fast for me.

There is a clear thing to note here, while the big US companies are cheap they have REALLY crap customer service and stupid automated systems, you wont necessarily know until it bites you.

ALL (well 99%) hosting review sites are made and run by big US hosting companies, put negative comments about a hosting company up and notice how it disappears, go to whirlpool.net.au for real advice.

I had a site taken off line once by an auto system at 3pm saturday with no warning and no-one capable of fixing the issue (bandwidth overuse) until Monday morning. ie. the account went into whatever state, we couldn't just pay for the extra bandwidth or upgrade, they just turned it off and didnt care less. Thankfully they at least could give me ftp access to get the latest data off 1 hour later and auto refunded the money.

Last edited by spar; Tue 26 Oct 2010 12:15:AM.
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Originally Posted by Australdi_real
Heck pugnose...hope you're wearing your flameproof suit! shocked

There is a LOT of work going on behind the scenes to get everything back up and running at the AF site. You just have to be a little patient as if you read the threads, you'll see that this is a lot more than an ordinary reconstruction.

we are being very graciously hosted here at the moment and most of us are simply grateful for some temporary place to hang together whist the major repair work goes on.

Spot on Di.

It's not our place to judge nor comment. We been "thrown" on totally different a Forum package for a few days. Everyone seems to get around and it's solid and reliable.

So we should be very grateful that David et al has been kind enough to help us out.

Pugnose, whilst I can see your unfamiliarity is causing frustration, after a few hours it gets easier. Just accept the situation and remember we are GUESTS!

S
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
S
i just remembered the irony of our site being taken off line, we were on a medium / high end 12 month plan with unlimited data and got whacked without notice for excess bandwidth. lol

spar #50755 Tue 26 Oct 2010 12:23:AM
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Originally Posted by spar

..... but has always been super fast for me.

Hardly surprising since this site is hosted by IInet in Australia.

It's like lightning for me with Optus docsis3(100mbps)

Unfortunately I'm speed limited because of exceeding my cap at the moment courtesy of M$ automatic updates yesterday...

Space Cadet
Space Cadet
This forum is being hosted from Davés place!
This is something we need to look into if I can get an NBN 1GB/s connection here, then there's No Daddy or mummy to worry about.

F
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
F
Joined up there as Fingers, before somebody else does!

S
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
S
Originally Posted by Armidillo
I saw this advertised on eBay (a sponsored link):
http://www.aussiefrenchcars.com/?gclid=CNCU8LiV76QCFQjObgodeVG01g

Did the founder of this new forum know about AF? Perhaps he/she has friends at Godaddy?

The nerve of them! katana

Wonder what else they're trying? cavitysearch

H
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
H
Well one of the posts has the audacity to say "welcome to the new aussiefrogs". Whoever it is knows aussiefrogs and the personalities well. The whole thing is anonymous. Definitely mischief afoot.

A
Space Cadet
OP Offline
Space Cadet
A
So is it best to totally ignore Aussie French cars, or join up (but not actually participate) and thus prevent misuse of "our" familiar user names.

Are mlb, Pugrambo, Double Chevron et. al. concerned about someone else using "their" aliases - is this "real" identity theft, or just a bit of a laugh?

On balance, I'd prefer not to register, as I don't know how safe it is to give these guys my email address etc. - could be identity theft going on whether you register or they do it for you!

Last edited by Armidillo; Tue 26 Oct 2010 01:29:AM.
Armidillo #50772 Tue 26 Oct 2010 01:31:AM
S
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
S
Can't speak for the others, but having the same real-life nickname since 1990, makes me a little precious when it's appropriated for an unspecified end.

Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
So is it best to totally ignore Aussie French cars, or join up (but not actually participate) and thus prevent misuse of "our" familiar user names.

Are mlb, Pugrambo, Double Chevron et. al. concerned about someone else using "their" aliases - is this "real" identity theft, or just a bit of a laugh?

On balance, I'd prefer not to register, as I don't know how safe it is to give these guys my email address etc. - could be identity theft going on whether you register or they do it for you!

I was wondering the same thing Armadillo. A fellow aussiefrogger told me they saw my name listed as the newest member earlier this arvo so apparently my aussiefrog username has already been taken. I tend to feel "don't feed the trolls" as far as participating on their mock forum. When the new aussiefrogs forum gets going I might eventually ask to change my username anyway.

Kaye
M
mlb Offline
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
M

I think it has derogatory undertones, but hidden under the facade of 'humour' thus giving these fools an exit strategy should they be caught out.

I actually pity them as something is obviously lacking in their lives. Maybe they have been ostracised or bullied throughout their lives, or haven't had much success with the opposite sex. So in order to boost their fragile egos they decide to deride others behind the safety of their keyboard, without even the confidence to use their own identity.

I'm not worried about my good name being sullied - I can do that without the help of others - this sort of childish crap just sh*ts me. Fair enough to make an arse of yourself, but have the balls to do it in your own name.

It's all a bit pathetic really.

Matt (the one and only)

M
mlb Offline
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
M
Originally Posted by sunshine77

I was wondering the same thing Armadillo. A fellow aussiefrogger told me they saw my name listed as the newest member earlier this arvo so apparently my aussiefrog username has already been taken. I tend to feel "don't feed the trolls" as far as participating on their mock forum. When the new aussiefrogs forum gets going I might eventually ask to change my username anyway.

Yes Kaye, you're name is there unfortunately.

I have also noticed that some 'true' members have registered there also unknowingly. I'm pretty sure it won't take long before they realise that it's a load of rubbish.

It's only a temporary problem though. Once the full site is back up and running then there will be no need for anyone to go to the other site, even unknowingly. The Aussiefrogs domain name is still ours - well, Gerry's - and with the ability to resurrect a lot of the database then search engines will still point to AF. If there's no content of worth at the other place, then it won't attract traffic.

I suggest that we still monitor it though, and if we find anyone actually making a serious post there then we direct them in the proper direction.

Matt

Plus: I cant register there anyway. My name's already taken mgun

Last edited by mlb; Tue 26 Oct 2010 01:57:AM.
P
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
P
Total idiots do this and one would have to suspect that they might have had something to do with the demise of the old site.
Maybe if they were 14 years old you might eventually forgive 'em but I bet they are a lot older than that.

Nothing short of a public flogging is fit for that kind of treason. Bastards stuff peoples lives for fun. I hope the archives are brought back to life despite these creeps, but if they are caught, they should be made to pay for the trouble.

mlb #50779 Tue 26 Oct 2010 02:22:AM
Astronaut Level 1
Astronaut Level 1
Originally Posted by mlb
Yes Kaye, you're name is there unfortunately.

………………………

Plus: I cant register there anyway. My name's already taken

That’s puzzling Matt as you have to be registered to be able to see any member details so maybe you are but not as mlb? I only know my name was being used because a friend saw it on the front page as the newest member this arvo. I have not registered and don’t wish to.

Also Matt please don’t take this the wrong way as I am not suggesting you have anything to do with creating the mock forum but something you posted earlier suggests it could be connected to someone who has access your Facebook page.

Originally Posted by mlb

And considering one of the posts there refers to something that I posted on my Facebook page weeks ago points to something a bit personal and sinister.

Matt

Kaye
M
mlb Offline
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
M
That’s puzzling Matt as you have to be registered to be able to see any member details so maybe you are but not as mlb? I only know my name was being used because a friend saw it on the front page as the newest member this arvo. I have not registered and don’t wish to.

That's where I saw it to. Under the 'latest member' heading. I was just confirming what your friend told you. As well as the other 'innocent victims' I've seen.

Also Matt please don’t take this the wrong way as I am not suggesting you have anything to do with creating the mock forum but something you posted earlier suggests it could be connected to someone who has access your Facebook page.

Yep, hence the reason I think it's more than people just having a joke. Simple minds have taken it upon themselves to see it as a means of having a go at me in part. The fact that they even know my real name shows that it's not just sh!ts and giggles - it's personal.

Matt

mlb #50788 Tue 26 Oct 2010 03:17:AM
S
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
S
Originally Posted by mlb
Yep, hence the reason I think it's more than people just having a joke. Simple minds have taken it upon themselves to see it as a means of having a go at me in part. The fact that they even know my real name shows that it's not just sh!ts and giggles - it's personal.

Matt

yep, but dont you sign all of your posts as matt?

its hardly going to ruin your career.

spar #50789 Tue 26 Oct 2010 03:24:AM
M
mlb Offline
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
M

I've dealt with bigger fools in the past - but not many lol

Maybe I'm just getting sensitive in my old age snidley overact

Matt

mlb #50791 Tue 26 Oct 2010 04:27:AM
S
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
S
Originally Posted by mlb

I've dealt with bigger fools in the past - but not many lol

Maybe I'm just getting sensitive in my old age snidley overact

Matt

if this isnt a friendly jibe (nothing untoward is mentioned that i saw) then let me just say there are many fools on the internet, dont be disturbed by them, keep your distance.

spar #50797 Tue 26 Oct 2010 09:44:AM
M
mlb Offline
Space Trainee
Space Trainee
M

if this isnt a friendly jibe (nothing untoward is mentioned that i saw) then let me just say there are many fools on the internet, dont be disturbed by them, keep your distance.

Thanks for your concern spar, but all good. I'm not worried about it all, I just have little tolerance for those I consider beneath me. Especially when they use me to give themselves false feelings of adequacy.

Regards

Matt

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  VA3DBJ, Webmaster 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Rtuneion, JohnReid, nguyenthanhthuon, Rug_Rig_Fitness, Shelly
2,957 Registered Users
Pictures

NASA Picture of the Day

Astronomy Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day

Picture of the Week

Latest SOHO Solar Image
The latest solar image from the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO)

NOAA / Space Weather Prediction Center

Live Web Cam's
Live Sydney Harbour Bridge Looking South

Live Sydney Warringah Freeway

Live Sydney M2 Motorway Lane Cove

Live Sydney Anzac Bridge

Live Hilo Bay Hawaii

Live Australian Antarctica Casey Division

Live Australian Antarctica Mawson Division

Live Mount Fuji - Japan

Ny-Alesund - Antarctica

AUS-CITY Live Weather
IDB Weather IDB Weather
IDB Weather IDB Weather
IDB Weather IDB Weather
Top Posters(30 Days)
Webmaster 3,118
Alisa 528
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics684,730
Posts719,341
Members2,957
Most Online3,142
Jan 16th, 2023
Top Posters
Webmaster 381,903
Alisa 64,175
Jedi Knight 4,142
reuder 557
apsattv 517
ShaRp 408
Big Chief 377
Flux 208
HQSS 138
Copyright 1996 - 2023 by David Cottle. Designed by David Bate Jr. All Rights Reserved.
By using this forum, the user agrees not to transfer any data or technical information received under the agreement, to any other entity without the express approval of the AUS-CITY Forum Admins and/or authors of individual posts (Forum Admins and DoD/USSPACECOM for the analysis of satellite tracking data).

Two-line elements (TLE) and all other satellite data presented and distributed via this forum and e-mail lists of AUS-CITY are distributed with permission from DoD/USSTRATCOM.

UBB Central

Interactive forums from Space, Science and Technology To General Interest, Personal and Spirituality.

AtomicSecured Linux

Reprise Hosting