You're welcome. Yep, I can't rightly figure out what the draw of twitter is to a regular person. I've made quite a few tweets, but apparently, no one sees them unless they're a follower and paying attention?
Although, I understand why entertainers, businesses and websites like it for updates.
You're right about folks and followers and followings, it's like a collector that wants as many as they can get. The other 'friendy' communities has many members like that too. For the life of me I can't understand why an average person with no commercial interest would want 100's or 1000's of people on their friends list. I guess it makes them feel better about themselves and not so alone.
shrug
(I like the little shrug gremlin.)

My followers are much like the ones you mention. I figure it's a financial fishing trip for a couple of them and they'll disappear soon. They do come and go quickly....

I haven't heard of buying followers. I agree, you'd still be shouting alone in a crowd.

Twitter has been hiccuping today...
and we're having storms... so life on the net has been less than smooth for me trying to surf with out hassles. no
But I'm hoping I can comment some more before the electric goes off again...
shocking