I've had a bee in my bonnet about this ever since yesterday.

It's been going around and around in my head and the more I think about it the more sickened and outraged I become.

Out there in this world of ours there are people who KILL children. Every now and then we hear about a child being killed by it's mother or father or the boyfriend - but you have NO idea how many children are being killed out there.

In 2005, there were 5 women in protective custody at the Brisbane Women's Correction Centre in Wacol alone. Now there are likely more. I say likely, as one or 2 from 2005 might have been paroled.

We don't hear about all the instances.

Children are a blessing - not a burden!

These people (many are women) do absolutely dreadful things to these children. Dreadful things. Things that would rip your heart out if you saw what they did... Unimaginable things.

For what? The boyfriend didn't want kids? The child wouldn't shut up? The child wet their pants? Divorce issues? There is no excuse!

These people carry out these dreadful atrocities against innocent children for the most STUPID reasons - and they end up either killing or severely damaging the child.

Then there are us... We bust our butts to get our children back. We either have no problems that needed fixing or we fix our problems... And we continue to fight for custody of our children.

Meanwhile, out there in this world, there are people who decide that they don't want their child any more... So they get rid of it.

Bloody hell, give the child to ME if you don't want it!!!

I know, I know... People who murder children are charged and convicted if found guilty... That's not my point.

I'm taking it a step back.

My point is they committed the act against the child... And the majority of us - who have lost of our babies - have DONE NOTHING!

It absolutely galls me.

I would never dare raise my hand against one of my children... I can't even recall the last time I might have and neither can my children.

But to inflict horrible injuries upon or kill one of my children... HELL NO!!!

Yet people out there do it and don't think twice about it.