Bless you. I swear you say all the right things to me, Lady. I was just waiting for you to come along and make my life and forum a million times better. It seems I often can't say what I have experienced unless someone asks.

In fact, just yesterday I had a message (which occurred in the form of an inserted thought into my brain - one way I receive messages). And this message was...Share when it is asked [not otherwise]. "Not otherwise" is my parenthetical assumption (they don't speak in negatives). My guides very rarely help me unless I ask. One time I had read about a person whose guides would applaud him when he did well. So I said to my guides (whoever they may be), "Hey, why don't you applaud me when I do something well?!" And they said, "How would you otherwise learn to ask for what you want?" Hmmm. And to be honest, I'm rarely given anything without asking for it first. I understand this reasoning.

It makes you uncover your will and helps you realize what you really want so you can focus on it and obtain it more masterfully. For example, I might feel that money would make me happier and so I wish for money. I think about it and my focus brings it into my reality with many opportunities occurring for me to make money. But eventually after spending much precious time amassing it, I realize that I still feel unhappy. Because what I really want (if I had dug deeper) is to feel free. I had thought by having lots of money I'd be free to do what I pleased, but that turns out not to be the case. Now I have more worries than ever in fact. (This is all just an example wink ).

If I'd known I really just wanted to feel free, I might have realized that physical possessions were weighing me down and that what I needed was to live with less. dunno But I digress.

I'm fascinated with EVPs and have never captured any. I haven't tried a lot. So I'd be very interested in hearing what you've captured. Maybe we could start a new thread about EVPs and you could share and we could ask questions.

I have now had many experiences with spirit, and it is true that I have not elaborated on them too much. Messages come in many ways. Specifically voices though...I have heard them as normal and crystal clear replete with gender and accent. A spirit that has guided me before has spoken to me in a beautiful, strong English accented voice - female. My favourite experience with her was several years ago when I was lying in bed contemplating a bad case of the flu and thinking I might use the new fairy Ouija-type board to ask my guides why I am sick. Just then the English lady's voice burst into my auditory processing centre saying, with an obvious bit of annoyance, "…these are actually just various ways of limiting what we have to say!" In other words, just open your mind and listen! I was stunned. blink

I didn't know about the higher and lower toned voices. That is interesting and makes sense. Certainly it means something, maybe even of size, because when I heard from the fairies, their voices were very high pitched sounding like a speeded up recording. Or maybe we perceive these attributes based on our preconceived ideas of sound? dunno

One more related experience was with my English male guide. He I know more surely to be a guide as opposed to merely one of my many pastlives and personalities within. Though having said that, never say never. eyebrows Anyway, why I feel I know is because he told me he was assigned to me. I have mostly spoken to him in dreams though. And in one such case I did have a multidimensional experience that still can give me the shivers to think about it. When he spoke his voice was coming from all around me. It was so overwhelming to be spoke at from so many directions that I fell on the floor (in the dream) and cowered until my husband walked in and encouraged me to stand up and realize that it was someone who wanted to help me. This same man (who looks olde-English with long auburn hair and wearing period costumes that have buckles and sometimes looking like Robin Hood) has appeared to me in various dreams offering me help, makeovers, and even suggesting courses to take to improve my health. All of them remarkably effective.

Okay, having said all of that, his voice has something in common with other entities I have encountered, including White Wolf. That is a choppiness like a mobile phone in a low-reception area. It reminds me of tuning in a radio where turning the dial a bit too much or too little causes the station to be heard in little rhythmic bursts or chops of voice and silence.

What did your guide say to you? And did you learn anything else about him/her from their voice?