Godaddy their customer support is just crap! When I had my dedicated server there, any damn issue had to go to advanced support.

I ended up becoming a expert in redhat / centos / fedora due to the crap support. I pulled the plug there 4 years ago.

This server is located right near me. I maintain it myself both physically and software, even build own packages.

Godaddy just lost the plot, just like trying to get Telstra to do anything that is outside the box, problem is godaddy the box is a point!

I never heard of a system that deletes everything including the seperate backup server due to a billing preference change.

My tanglement with godaddy resolved around a firewall, that I found only allowed 10 consecutive IPs to be used at once, the server had 20. I fought as it did not say this (does now thanks to me) but they had to get cisco to expand it. Other silly issues here and there - so I left.

Crazy thing is, I was going to setup a rsync from AF to my server, and do a monthly sync. If it was done it could have been restored to a monthly backup point.

Just I had so much on it was set for this week coming frown

David Cottle

UBB Owner & Administrator