Hello all my aus-city peeps! I hope you all had a celebratory Memorial Day holiday! My friends from the states that is. Mine sucked...my son Spencer broke his Femur/phemur(sp?) last Week!!! For those who don't remember it's the thigh bone, hardest bone in the body to break, especially at age 6!!! Here is my dutyful PSA...If any of your kids own a Pogo ball THROW IT AWAY!!! You know those bouncy balls w/a handle that you sit on & bounce on? Well that's how he broke his leg. He wasn't even a foot off the ground, & we have a "No cement" rule, grass only. Well he was following the rules, he hopped the length of the grass, went to turn around at the start of the driveway, & his foot got caught underneath the ball itself & as he twisted to turn around he snapped the bone right in half! A vertical spiral fracture... clean break. And if he would have applied any pressure to it b/4 getting him to the hospital, he would have had an out of skin protrusion(bone would have come straight through the skin)!

Oh you wanna talk about feeling completely helpless,there was nothing I could do for the pain until we got to the hospital. Luckily helping him balance his chakras b/4 the ride to the hospital helped keep him calm. Believe it or not,after that he didn't cry all night long, & this was hours b/4 any pain meds were administered! He did so well infact, that all kinds of staff unrelated to our case stopped by his emergency room to come shake the hand of the HERO OF THE DAY! They said that grown men have come in w/that same injury, & have cried like babies from start to finish, & they were so impressed that a 6 yr old could have that kind of injury, & be calm & not cry. They were truly amazed...their exact words " We have never witnessed something like this before, what a magnificent little trooper you have there Mom!"

So we were transported by ambulanced from Wyandotte Hospital to Children's Hospital in Detroit where he had surgery the next morning. Two titanium rods were used to peice his poor leg back together. He will have to go back in a year to have them removed once his bone is fully repaired! But for now, he is confined to a wheelchair, A walker, his bed & the couch for 6-8 weeks. Yeah, be the mom who gets to tell your 6 year old that his bday party(water activity party at a resort), has been postponed till the end of the summer!

We now have him on a tylenol narcotic(boy did I go back & forth on that one)after an unsucessful spurt of tylenol 3 w/codine!I know they're both narcs, but the former is ok for kids & the latter is more or less used for adults only. But if monitored closely I am able to give him the stronger one w/our doctors reccomendation. Now w/the new meds I can at least keep him comfortable. THANK GOD, MOTHER GOD, & THE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!

My poor baby, I remember in the first hospital I said to him, "I know you're scared baby, but I'm right here we'll go through this together!" & he responded to me "It's not brave if you're not scared MaMa!" BLESS HIS LITTLE HEART, that's what I've always told him in a moment of fear! It's amazing how we teach them these things through out life, hoping to instill in them, a sense of self security for the future, & right b/4 your very eyes they turn around & use it on YOU SO THAT YOU FEEL SECURE! Lesson learned...I'd rather have a BRAVE 6 yr old than a FEARLESS 6 yr old! God bless him!

So that's why I haven't been on in a while, I'm on 24/7 nursemaid duty. Today he is napping at an unusual hour which gave me the chance to keep ya's updated.I usually don't dissappear for so long w/out a heads-up to all, but this incident left no time for warnings! So here I am for now, don't know how long it will be before I am back for good, but I'll check in here & there. I hope everyone is well. Dawn it looks like you've posted some really interesting stuff, wish I had time to check it all out & respond, but time restraints...you know. I'll make sure to catch up w/ya soon though. Alisa, I miss you dearly!!!!! This happened the day after we last communicated, so I know I have alot of catching up to do w/you Lady! And just as you started to post again ... bummer! I'll get on when I can though, this is the first time I've been able to pop on in over a week, but I will try to pop in & at least say hi.OMJ, hello there. I don't know if you've tried to IM me lately, but my Yahoo IM was slowing my puter down so I had to turn it off for a while. But you can send me an email if you want. Miss ya, how's classes going? Will you get away for Holiday this summer? KIT!

Hello to Flux,Webmaster,KayBee,TVSAT & anyone I might have forgotten to mention!

I must go now, I miss & love ya guys, please enjoy the beautiful weather where ever you are, And remember NO POGO BALLS!!!!!

BLESS=-)