Well, I just called UBI and spoke to a Customer Service Rep, who had to put me on hold to speak to a superior. (I have the reps name Liski, so if you disagree with the following, let me know and I'l;l provide the name and you can get this resolved internally)<br /><br />She said she has been told by her superior, that there are two scenarios:<br />1/ Is where you out-right own the MDS box yourself, and you have every right to keep it, and you will not be liable to the clause that states UBI may charge a fee in the future. So you do not need to sign.<br />2/ The other, is where you don't "own" the MDS box (don't see how that can be seeing as TARBS went under), and in order to keep it, it means the clause DOES apply to you, if ever it goes into effect.<br /><br />Now because this is rediculous from a legal stand point, I asked the CS rep, how can the installer possibly know, which of the scenario's truthfully applies to you. She answered that they cannot dispute your claim, i.e. the customer's word is taken on faith value, and that they cannot force you to sign anything that puts you in a position of potentially being charged a fee in the future.<br /><br />She said that when an installer arrives, if he has any issues understanding my request, or states he has been told different, I can ring UBI CCC right then and there, so they can set the record straight for me.<br />This is from a UBI CCC Rep, and the word came from their superior so I'm sticking to it. If only I could've had a recorded copy of that conversation. lol<br /><br />As far as I can see, this is going to create a real mess, because I will be keeping my box, and signing nothing, because the UBI rep just told me I can, but I have a feeling it won't go so smoothly.<br /><br />RATLSNAKE