Originally Posted by thisisgood
Hello,

I have read all the above comments.
So I think it means even if you have taped these docs workers saying ridiculous things to you I cannot play it back to anyone? Is that what it means? I've got quite a bit of inane conversation recorded on tape with the then CSO. Does this mean I cannot even let my child listen to it when they are older?
You need to tape them in order to play back to yourself later so that you realise that you are not imagining what they said.

You can play back a tape or video recording as long as it is not published and communicated to any person. Now according to the Confidentiality section of the Child Protection Act Section 6 part 185, publish is by means of television, radio, newspaper or any other form of communication (I would assume this also means internet??). I think this is where personal information would be made public, be it about the CSO or about your own case or the case of another person, or something that identifies a child in care.

I think being able to tape record a CSO's is a good thing because it means that not only can you remember what they have said later on but it can also be helpful if the CSO's turns around and says they didn't say something which you have a recording of!