Hello,

well my day was like a day from hell. It was for everyone there. I was lucky though that I got a 10 minute break around 1pm. In my job I am supposed to have a 10 minute morning and 10 minute afternoon paid tea break. Well I haven't been able to get one of those in the past 12 months. That equates to 1 hour per week and 40 hours per year (so that is one full week) and that is not to mention my lunch breaks. That is my biggest gripe about my job. It really shits me that I am flat out getting a break. So I end the day a bit crabby. Crabby and tired. Then it's onto my next job - being a single mother to a small child. So I then collect child from after school care, come home, cook tea, jump in pool, get out, child eats dinner whilst we read books, play cards or draw - something like that. Then it's teeth time, story books in bed with Mozart playing softly, prayers to Jesus, scratch child's back. 7.30pm. finally me time. Now I'm here but I should cook something en masse so I have proper food on tap. That's my usual day.
Child's father probably had time to lie around in the surf, twiddle his thumbs and have numerous cuppas.

I fantasize about quitting, living off the single mother's payments and going full on into being active about the docs situation.
But I can't at the moment.

Anyway that was my whinge into cyber space. I know if I whinged to docs they would take my child off me. The CSO (the nasty one) said to me I am concerned about you managing work and home life, that is why she said it was a 'concern to us' when child came home permanently and I took long service leave to help child settle in. "we wanted to see you manage work and home life".

well actually I have a second job too. I work agency work when child is with father. How else are we to get ahead? The father doesn't have to payt or play a part in the child's day to day management. I read the other day going over old paper work that the CSO said I shouldn't be so set on sending my child to a private high school. Wow I went to a GPS school and I want my child to have this opportunity. She said this as I have had my child enrolled into All Saints since child was 1yo. I will be mortgage free sooner than later.

Anyway doomed if you do with docs and doomed if you don't. They will twist anything to suit themselves. Please correct me if I am wrong!

Anyway back to the topic and away from the grumblings of a single mother dissatisfied with her lot in life.

So according to The Australian there are 4,000 black kids in care in NSW. They brought in the stolen generation (Mark 1) statistics to compare. We are now talking about Mark 2 stolen generation with docs.
No easy solution.
Gosh, the government must be worried.
Actually maybe they aren't worried as it is some years before the kids rally to do class action and so this government will be in retirement by then on a nice retirement package.
It's going to be interesting to watch what unfolds. My child can be old enough to get into some class action by then due to the abuse whilst in foster care.
So what's the statistics on Queensland black kids in care?? Anyone know??

It would be in the government's best interest to listen to the likes of D.Scott and C.Goddard and the other acadaemics about how to solve it. The Australian has already prepared us to boo hooo Justice Wood's report when it comes out any second now.
I see old terry Sweetman (Sunday Mail - 23.11.08 P.65) got on the band wagon about "Bring on Blackfella Act for white trash".
And just what is white trash? All us who are in minority groups?
But what I did notice was the little column about gambling on the side. $548 million each year is the revenue for government coffers from gambling.
Hey, isn't that the amount that is given to Q'ld child protection in their newest budget?
Ok so I couldn't work out whether that was a total of $548 for Australia or just qld.
But you, the viewers, probably know that fact as I am only a dumb nurse who only knows how to take away bed pans (uggh).
So if the government is going to get more punitive about vouchers instead of welfare $$ why don't they give us something else instead of all those pokies, like .....hmmmm I don't know.
Punish the little man for the grog problem so can't we then punish the government for giving such free access to gaming machines? Something like indirect negligence to the people if they know many have gambling addictions?

Oh yeah, remember the other day I was on my high horse about D.V? Well I just wanted to say it is these abusive men who always say 'she's mad'. Yeah, are we on the same page? Well just a bit more of my personal history - when the father was chasing me up for access to his child (even though he kept saying to me whilst I was pregnant "Are you sure this is my child?") he had to complete some form that went through the courts to pursue me. Anyway one question says 'is there any reason why one parent would have difficulty parenting/'. He writes 'yes mother has bi-polar' Well viewers I had never had any diagnosis in my past 38 years until he wrote that. So that is a classic example of these abusive men and what tricks they like to play to make them selves feel higher and mightier than you. He wrote other awful stuff too.

Last edited by thisisgood; Sun 23 Nov 2008 11:37:PM.