wow, I have just been looking at some stuff that talks about the issue of domestic violence. The source recognises that DOCS (child protection services) can further victimise the mother over this. It is quite amazing, it echos what I have been saying about some of these nasty CSO types taking over from where the male leaves off.

I said some time ago that I was looking into D.V. more closely and I realise that there is a strong link between women feeling depressed and having anxiety and PTSD following these abusive relationships.

It is interesting how docs can get very focussed on the issue of the woman suffering from depression (or whatever mental health diagnosis) and avoid the whole issue of the domestic violence and woman getting counselling that would then in turn make the woman realise that those feelings are quite normal.

docs operate on the woman feeling like a 'freak', further isolation from family and friends, siding with the abusive male and removing the child from her care (stating she is not the protective parent) and placing the child with the father.

The stuff I am looking at talks about these offending men as not being suitable parents as they work on undermining the woman's capability to parent effectively and through this method of the way they function these men are not suitable parents.

An acaedemic in this area of interest of The protective needs of children affected by D.V. - Professor Cathy Humphreys goes on to mention that work should be done to strengthen the relationship between the woman and the child/ren, as this relationship is often attacked by the offending male.

Oh, and this woman was stating that it is NOT GOOD ENOUGH anymore to say we are operating in the interests of protecting children.

wow.

Well hello, I have just found literature that backs up my thoughts about the way in which docs operate.
It would seem I am not mad, nor alone in my train of thought on these issues.

What do you girls think of this stuff??

Justice4all I would like to hear from you.

Last edited by thisisgood; Thu 11 Dec 2008 11:59:PM.