In my reading I am seeing where there is an estimate that 1 in 20 children will have a notification taken out on them before these children reach 18 yo.
One in 20 is pretty high.
I am reading where the likes of Dorothy Scott (Australian Centre for Child Protection) is saying that the current child protection methods is not sustainable.

well we know this.

Prevention is better than cure.

I also read where there is apparently lots of organisations that work with families in a preventative measure. But from where I stand as a community health worker in South East Queensland I can only name a handful. I am on the front line here; am I somehow misinformed?

There is a real needs basis for more support for families. For there to be more effective parenting strategies taught.

I watch parents in action in the community, I see what goes on like you do. It is rare to see parents smack children but I listen to what people say to their kids, it is not always good and these parents/ caregivers don't look to be drug affected, mental health service recipients either.

And having said that I am by far not the best parent in the world; let's get that clear.