Hello,

I have read all the above comments with great interest. Even though I have had dealing with docs on a personal and professional level there is a lot of information that is new (should I say awakening about docs) to me so I am soaking it all in.
You know from what I see docssniper you are fucked really. I think docs operate the first time they are notified they act very casually. Second time they are notified they spring into action and start to pull out all guns. Mate, this is the third time. Docs may as well just literally hang you!! I am not trying to be nasty or put you down but I do also think you are all too fully aware of how they operate. So how are you going to play the game now? I am glad you are on this forum. I did mention to wantsjustice that you should change your name to Dennis and then you might get housed at the cost of the government. Sorry, about being sarcastic and half smart but I can't help it.

You know I keep asking myself this question - why do they need to falsify their information for the courts? I mean, shees, if the parent was so bad, and so unsuitable to care for their own child then surely they don't need to falsify their records. I have experienced this plenty of times whilst docs were involved in my life. I actually should go through my stuff and count the actual intentional lies! Probably around 20 or so at a guess.

Yes, docs like to bluff people with their super powers! But they told me 'we are more powerful than the family courts'. And the intimidation and bullying is first class. They are experts in these kind of tactics.

I am concerned that you have all this political posturing from the government about how good this system is (see all those key words on their docs' sites about accountability, partnerships, prevention etc etc ,yet it is a smoke screen to what actually goes on.

I worked out 1 in 40 children in the state of queensland experience a notification put on them. Yep, that works out to be about 1 kid in every 1 and a half class rooms. No wonder docs officers are constantly up at the schools.
I worked this out by reading through the statistics printed on -

http://www.childsafety.qld.gov.au/performance/child-protection/intake/notifications.html.

Have a look and see for yourself.

There is a whole heap of other stuff to chew through posted on this internet address. It make child safety sound all glossy but in fact I think it is all gloomy.

And I am sure it is only going to get worse. Especially whilst there are no internal changes made.

I also wonder why is this government department is made so 'user unfriendly'?
Only now am I becoming more aware about how this organisation operate. I am only now understanding how I should have fought my case back in 2006. I am learning more all the time. So if I was supposed to have had a good solicitor back then and also am reasonably educated why did I have so much trouble understanding it all? I wonder what about all those people who are completely steam rolled over by this government department. The ones who don't understand to get legal help, the ones who don't know what to do. These are the one's who need our help. Some probably don't know how to even turn on a computer and therefore no idea that sites like this exist.

I think the government in all fairness to the community needs to have an organisation independent to docs that assists parents with the docs process. A NGO that would advocate for the truth! Is that too much to ask? Oh, the cost. Yes, what was the budget for docs again? 50 million or something.

I'm glad for all of us that have found our voice here, glad that we can all feel supported by each other and are in total solidarity about the injustices of this government department.

Oh yeah, another issue that I want to raise that seems to not be mentioned yet is the way in which docs interventions alienate you from your family and friends. I remember telling someone what happened in my life. This was a long time friend and they have never rung me ever again. They have scrubbed me off their christmas card list literally. I have been sending them xmas cards for 2006,2007 and not received one back and they used to ring me quite regularly. These folk knew my life inside out. They never thought I was dodgy before.
And then there is my sibling. We were close all our lives before - like best friends. The lies and abandonment from her was unreal. I know I could never have a trusting relationship with that sister ever again. I am sorrowful that I saw this exposed in my sister.
So your ties with others become loosened and you soon see who will stick with you through this trial of fire. You see the sorting of the chaff and then see what's (or who rather is) actually left in your life.
People who don't understand this government organisation's modus operandi will drop you like a hot cake. You become branded whether you are innocent or not.

As ihategov once said - if you ever want to get back at someone - don't dob them into centrelink, no - don't dob them into the taxation office. Just go for the jugular and dob them into the Department of Child Safety. Then sit back and watch their lives become undone.

Yes, it is really gut wrenching to see the grief on a parent's face when docs don't want to give the child back.
They (docs) say something like - 'we are going to keep this child longer. We will extend this to a 28 day temporary assessment order (TAO) so we can investigate more thoroughly'.
My interpretation in my head says to myself - 'Yeah right, let's gather more dirt on you and crucify you. fuck the child, we have due process to follow and a duty of care towards the child..'.

I would like to know what the duty of care is for this government body in the way in which they misconstrue the truth and tell out right porky pies in court. The way this organisation intentionally delays reunification through outright and deliberate lies. Where's the duty of care towards the child now? Oops, thrown out the window.

Another thing that really annoys me - how they say 'heaps of people complain about docs' as if it is a problem with the parent. Well why shouldn't the parent complain. Having your child ripped off you compares to nothing one has ever felt in life before. The intensity of grief, despair, turmoil and anger that these parents feel. The grief and shame. Then not to mention the bullying, lies and 'process' that the family is subjected to.

The whole process is wrong. It is not in the best interests of the child. I don't understand how docs can be allowed to operate like this - it is not conducive to best practice this day and age.

I s'pose little will be done now that the economy is spiralling into recession. But I bet docs will keep their large budget to continue to snatch and grab and confabulate.
If there was reform to these current practices then I am sure the budget wouldn't need to be so big. I reckon they must have spent about 1/2 million on my case alone desperately trying to prove I was mad, bad and a totally unfit mother. There were no gains to be had.

Anyway I could keep rambling on. I am just thinking and typing as it comes into my head.

But at the end of the day I am glad I experinced docs heavy and punitive hand as I know just what really goes on. I am no longer angry but still shake my head when I read their glossy words and crap as I know in reality this isn't the case.
I can use my experience to help others in some way.

Remember are you willing to protect your child?

Are you able to protect your child?

docs will twist around what they say to point evidence in court that you are neither a willing or able to protect this chid! That's is their framework.
e.g. she is not the protective parent in that she remained in a D.V.or child sex offending relationship.
And what are your protective strategies in place for keeping your child safe?
Remember to say (to those nazis) that you made a poor choice, you have learnt from this experience and will modify your behaviour. And you have to describe how you will do this.
Tell them (those bastards) what changes you are employing into your life and tell them what help you are seeking now. e.g. see you GP and get a mental health referral to seek psychological
input.
Tell them (those fuckwits)that you are being pro-active and getting help for your problems you are seeing a domestic violence counsellor, a drug and alcohol worker, doing a PPP parenting course.
Learn to play the game their way (it's a legal game) and show them just what you can do.
Ask for more access visits, get letters into them requesting this.
Remember docs are not their to help you, they are just there to 'protect the child' ( and inadvertently make your life hell along the way).
Learn what the rules of docs game is and therefore learn how you can effectively play it.

And stay connected with this forum. Express your anger here. Find your new supports in this fight.
Remember you are not alone.
cheers.